Well well well, a blog post from me.

It has been a very long time since I added to this blog.  My time has been taken up with my Etsy shop where I sell the Jewellery that I make.   But now we are in lock down, I've been making and sending post cards to friends and family and getting inky again.

On top of which I've rejoined the team at Challenges for Days something I started a few years ago and then took a break from as Jewellery took up more and more of my time.  Now team changes led to a vacancy which I was very happy to fill.  This in turn is re-introducing me to some challenges and presenting new ones.

Here then is one of the postcards, and a challenge or two that it might fit.


Sweet Poppy stencil coloured with Adirondack inks and Distress Inks with Ink Dusters.  Colours were layered built up and blended including Lettuce, Butterscotch, Raisin, Sunshine and red.  Before the stencil was removed a layer of clear stencil paste was spread over it covering and sealing the colouring.   Once the paste had hardened more of the colours wet dusted around the central image and finally direct to paper ink on the edge.  The paste is not a crackle paste but it cracked as it dried which has added yet another dimension to the piece.

Challenges
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything papercraft
Creative Artiste Mixed Media - Anything Mixed Media
Artsystamper Digitals - Things with Wing
Path of Positivity - Reflect your Style


Stay safe and know that we crafters are lucky, we can always find something to occupy ourselves.



Comments

  1. Welcome back, it's a cracking make too (sorry, pun intended!)

    Stay well

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! Love the texture and colors here and such a wonderful act to send cards to family and friends right now! Thanks for showing us your Style at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunner of a card and so good to see you back. The colours and stencil are fabulous and I thought it was crackle paste....how interesting. Congratulations too on re-joining the team x. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful, great depth of colour and dedication to achieving it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Artsystamper Challenge! kReN on the DT.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx