And it's not Friday 13th

Dear Diary this has been an interesting day.  Since 23rd March my 46 year old son has been staying with me.  Without going into details this has been a safe place for him before he goes into rehab.  He is also a chef so the deal has been he feeds us and gets a room to stay in.  Actually it has worked well and done our relationship a great deal of good.

So everything has been going well but yesterday he did not put in an appearance.   Having checked he was alive and knowing we all get go away world days I left him to it.

This morning there was a call from the top of the stairs "Mum are you up?" "yes" "I've hurt my feet and cannot walk on them"  This said while he manoeuvred himself down the stairs on his bottom.  It was about this time that I started to laugh.  "Oh did you slip on the floor?" "No." "OK what happened?" "I was going to meet someone i'd just met online, you had not long gone to bed so I thought I could not go out the front door as you would wonder what I was doing and worry.  So I jumped out of the bedroom window."  I am now in fits of laughter, tears rolling down my face the whole works.   Looking at his right leg it was clear that there is a break.

Now he had not eaten for 24 hours or longer so first action toast and tea.  I don't do sympathy but he is not yet ready for me to take the micky fully.  Anyway once he was fed off we trotted down to the hospital where I left him.  Later I went back to bring him and his broken heel home.   He has to go back on Tuesday when the swelling has gone down which is when they will know if he has to have an operation on it.  One thing for sure he is now here for a couple of months more and i will have to do some cooking!

 Of course all of this and a visit to the supermarket for food did not get in the way of my having a little play in the craft room.


























TGIF - Weekly challenge starting on Friday's this time the theme is Die Cut Vellum.   When I got my big big shot it came with a die to cut a box.   Its a sweet die that cuts out the shape and scores the folds.  In my stash is some lovely printed vellum which I used it has made a very pretty box.   Topped it off with a vellum die cut butterfly.

Well tomorrow is another day and doubtless I'll share more of the adventures of Bob and his broken foot.  In the mean time keep well, stay safe & HAVE FUN


Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your son Zoe and lets hope he does not have to have an operation. All of that going on and you still had time to make this cute little box....x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your box is so pretty, especially that beautiful vellum butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx