London A to Z

Something I have always wanted to do is paper cut a map.  When ever you see one done by an expert the delicate design is very special.  Now I am no expect in fact this today was my first ever attempt, you can see many areas that require improvement.


An old A to Z provided the page, the old financial district.  Visiting this area you will find the Bank of England, The Stock Exchange and Lloyds.  Closer to the river you will find Pudding Lane.  As my knife sliced through the paper I thought that Dick Whittington (1354 - 1423) might recognise some parts but the great fire in 1666 destroyed much of the area.

A recent Union Jack stencil from a magazine gave me the ideal background.  DI Barn Door and Chipped Sapphire were the colours applied.  Another mat with the red and blue blended over the edges brings it all together.  An A5 size panel of blue card is the base.   In keeping with the historical feel an Indigo Blu Victorian Gentleman proudly presents his London.

Project shared with
Craft World - Challenges.  Travel runs until the 2nd June
Try it on Tuesday - Cut it out (fortnightly)
Artsystamper - It's a Guy Thing (fortnightly)
The Paper Girls - All about the Boys (fortnightly)

While we are all looking forward to social restrictions to ease a little more around the 1st of June do keep well, stay safe and HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. I am so loving this Zoe....I have never seen anything like this before. It is a fabulous masculine design and so very unique x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is so cool. So intricate and perfect for a guy card. Thanks for joining us at ARTSYSTAMPER DIGITALS
    Good luck and we hope you join us again soon
    Hugs, Barbara - DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How creative!! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that cutting is amazing! I love fussy cutting so I may give it a try!
    Thank you so much for playing along at The Paper Girls Challenge.
    Looking forward to seeing you again next time.
    Love Alex
    PinkCraftyMama
    Paper Girls Challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Now this is taking fussy cutting to another level! So inspiring - I want to go and look for a Paris map NOW!!! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how amazing! I love fussy cutting but this is on a whole other level, and the map looks fabulous against the Union Jack background 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx