Those backgrounds

OK so on Saturday I explained how the backgrounds you see here came to be.   Here are a couple of cards using one end of the sheet



For this card I used a postcard sized piece of the watercolour paper and simply stamped the grasses stamp over it in Archival ink "Potting Soil".  The acetate dragonfly is left over from the coco pot.  3 were initially stamped "just in case" which left me a spare to use here.  A bit of matt and layering with brown card stock onto a white base card and we are done.  It is normal for me not to add a sentiment, if one is required it will be added when the card is sent, but more often than not all the sentiments that go with it are written on the inside.  Cards like these make great notelets as well.

Sharing this with
Creative Fingers - Where it is always ATG (fortnightly)
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes (monthly)
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes (monthly)



This second card is really me being a little bit silly (Who am I kidding Silly is my middle name and this is a lot silly)  The die is from a boxed magazine kit thingie, it is very pretty and I was dying to try it out.   Problem was top side on one half of the sheet was the bottom side on the other.  Solution cut the paper in half and disguise the seam with lace.  The stamps are Tim Holtz and Andy Skinner for the sentiment.  I just love the pretty die cut and lace with the grunge style sentiment and the TH corner.   I think it is safe to say this one is just for fun.




Comments

  1. Fabulous backgrounds and love your stamos too-thank you for the lovely comment on my blog
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great artsy backgrounds on both lovely creations and the acetate dragonfly looks fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx