Scraps

I have tried to start this post 3 or 4 times but keep going into somber reflective mode.  I'm not at all sad or reflective just carrying on as normal with very little to say.

So here is the card I would like to share with you.


The vellum is from some old pre-printed 6" squares I have.  This piece had already been cut at some point in the past I must have used the other half with the design fussy cut out.  Anyway I found this scrap while looking for some vellum to emboss.  The cut edge immediately caught my eye and the printed patten is perfect for embossing.  Laid the paper face down on an embossing mat and with a ball end embossing tool worked over the printed lines.  It really bought the patten up and gives the paper a very touchy feely textured surface.

An A4 piece of black "linen" card cut in half and then folded to make the card, I tried paler card stock but the black with the white vellum is the most dramatic.   Finally another little scrap of red paper cut into pennant shape and stamped with a simple quote.

A card for all occasions and definitely suitable for a man or a woman.   I'm sharing this with:

CAS mix up in their new format.  This is Mixed Media Month with Embossed Vellum.  Hand Embossed and fussy cut Vellum attached with spray glue.  Rubber stamped pennant using Archival ink.

Double D - Use your scraps! (fortnightly)

Do Al(L) Kreatives - Black, White and one other Colour (monthly)

Artsystamper Digitals - Black, White and one other Colour (fortnightly)

AAA Birthday - Use Vellum (monthly)

Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Always anything goes with snippets. (fortnightly)

Closing thought do you think oh why bother when you get a comment that is clearly copy and paste? Especially rude I think when the comment does not match the project you have published.  I do try to visit and comment for everyone who comments here and I do appreciate how much time it takes for DT members but the temptation to put something equally banal on their posts might just get the better of me one of these days!  If you have read this then you will know you are not someone I'm talking about hahaha.

Keep well, stay safe & HAVE FUN


Comments

  1. Great use of embossing on the vellum and it looks stunning against the black linen cardstock. Thanks for taking the time to join us at CAS Mix Up this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ball end embossing looks fabulous Zoe and the black card stock looks so striking. What a stunner of a card for both male and female x.
    I always appreciate the hard work that goes into the creations on the blogs and always learn from others so no copying and pasting from me Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black background really makes this embossed vellum show up beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that Vellum is gorgeous! Love the black and red too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Scraps Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of your scraps! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Use your Scraps’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your printed and embossed vellum flourishes look so cool with the black background and the touch of red for the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always so satisfying to use up saved off cuts, justifies crafter's hoarding tendencies. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zoe! What a classy card - very dramatic too. I love the effect of the embossed vellum as well. Ha, I'm with you about the copy and past comments. i run the Playground on my own and would rather be a little late and time time over commenting than just do a blanket response. There again, I'm a 'sticky beak' and always read a blog post right through in case I miss something I need to know :)

    Hugs

    Di xx (I do copy and paste the Hugs Di xx bit!) Tee, hee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your vellum design looks fabulous with your embossing. I love all those beautiful flourishes. So pretty over your black card base. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous use of your scraps and a great design! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an interesting piece of vellum and well applied for this month's challenge. Great design too. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the vellum against the black and the pop of red looks great too.

    Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Artsystampers Digitals Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me again ... wow that sentiment really POPS! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
    Darlene
    ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty use of scraps ;) Thank you for joining us at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join again. Tina DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx