This is Summer

Hello, it has been a bit busy round here the last couple of days.  The reality of what has happened is sinking in.  It hit me a couple of days ago and I had a bit of a moody about it.  Yesterday took Bob back to the hospital, the good news he does  not have to have an operation.  As for the rest well they want to see him again in a month but he has been told this is life changing he will have a limp (I did say you will be lame but he told me he is to cool to ever be lame).  For a man whose idea of Dad Dancing is to still try to do the break dancing he was so good at 30  years ago this is a blow.

I know that over time he will find what he can do and will still dance.  They also said that walking would be restricted and he would not be able to walk for miles on the streets of London as he always has.  We both think given how much walking he does and how fit he is that it might not be as bad as that. He does not walk for exercise but to get from A to B and his need to do that will not change so he will adapt I'm sure.

Anyway all this knocked back my creativity for a couple of days but after the hospital news my mind settled and the craft room beckoned once again.


The idea for this card came from Country View Challenges and their theme this month "Summer Fields".  This is an old Penny Black stamp that I have coloured with ProMarkers.  It seemed to me that the bird is intended to be a Great Tit so I used that birds colours and markings.  Tits like hedge rows it is always a delight when out walking to see them in their hopping flight flitting about the hedges and listening to them chatter.  The Cowslips are a real old fashioned (although still common) field edge plant popular with birds, bees and horses if you let them get their heads down to them!  

The corner punch says it is from Craft Habitat UK, I got it at a craft show years and years ago and love the vintage feel it gives the card.   Edges of card dusted with Old Linen and Scatter Strew DI.  The base card is blue and that seemed to go perfectly behind the "topper" and just have little notes of blue popping through.

I'm also sharing this with:
The Crafter's Cafe - This fortnight their theme is Anything Goes, I would also like to thank them for selecting a recent entry as one of their top 3.
And
Moving Along with the Times - Their June challenge is "Things with Wings"

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear the news about your son Zoe.....Your card is so very beautiful and the colouring of the bluetit is so pretty x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at The Crafter’s Café with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for The Crafter’s Cafe
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe
    Beautiful card. Hope your son recovers soon.
    Best wishes,
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely make - it does conjur up summer fields - thankyou for entering the challenge at Countryview Challenges this month and good luck in the draw! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx