Oh I do like to be beside the sea side, Oh I do like to be beside the sea.

By now if you visit often you will know about my love for the sea and the sea side.  As a nation we have been sea side enthusiasts since Georgian times.  It must have been quite a sight to see those boxes being pulled down to the water so the ladies within could have a swim without having their modest compromise by being seen on the beach in their bathing costume, my how times have changed hahaha.   The rules for children were slight more relaxed.  The other thing they had to be careful of was the sun, no tans for those delicate flowers, the slightest hint of browning and people might think they worked! oh no their skin has to be as pale as white porcelain.




For my Summertime Seaside post card I've used my old Rogue Redhead Designs stamps.   Shar never produced many plates but those she did were excellent quality of deep red rubber and delightful vintage images.  Well there was a plate or two I wasn't so keen on but I have all her plates apart from those.

These two charming children are having a paddle while seagulls fly overhead.   Stamped in Archival Black and coloured with Whisper felt pens.  The birds and sentiment were stamped in Versamark Majestic Blue.  Those poor little girls must have been so uncomfortable wearing all that clobber, but they had probably already learnt not to complain.

I'm sharing this with:
CAS on Friday - #185 Summer
Try it on Tuesday - Summertime
AAA Cards - #170 Maximum White Space, option of flowers not used this time.

Well it has gone 5p.m. I need to get some more steps in and think about tea.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, and HAVE FUN!


Comments

  1. What a gorgeous postcard! Those little ones are so sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the delicate colours you used. Perfect for a summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they must have been incredibly uncomfortable....Lovely Summer scene Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card. its a lovely image and seaside scene

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet and adorable summer card! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx