Bank Holiday Weekend

Yes here in the UK it is the last Bank Holiday until Christmas.  This is the one that marks the end of Summer.    Somehow I don't think we will be doing much sunbathing this week-end hahaha.   Still we will doubtless find things to do.

Here is a card I made today.


The challenge set by Less is More for the next fortnight is #427 Chalkboard Technique.   Delightfully easy to do the interesting element this time is keeping it CAS.   Most of the stamps I would normally use for this technique are large space fillers and I would bring in additional embellishments in white to fill the space.   But this is CAS a smaller but commanding image proved to be this old stamp, one of the very first stamps I ever owned.   

The black card is linen effect turned inside out and cut tent card format.  The surface was first dusted with an anti static pad.  The image stamped with versa embossing inks.  Perfect Pearls in white was dusted over the wet ink.   In photography some of the white appears to have picked up a pink tone but really it is all white.

Now I do have an urge to use coloured gloss gel, but am keeping this purist and not adding anything.

Challenges:

Less is More - #427 Chalkboard Technique

My Time to Craft - #439 Clean and Simple


Right I have to go and play with the cat.  Keep Well, Stay Safe, Wear your Mask & HAVE FUN


Comments

  1. Beautifully CAS Zoe and a striking card x. I have been catching up with your posts and I have enjoyed them. Had a little chuckle with your messy art post and how it started up as a beach scene x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS card, love this technique! Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft, we hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing take on the technique theme and a great idea to use textured card too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chalkboard card! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love that stamp it really is a statement piece and works so well with this technique. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Less is More
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx