It's the British GB

Race Sunday's you tend to find me sitting here mind on the race especially where there are so many interesting things happening, like today's race.  It is the racing for the middle places/lower points but still great racing.

OMG those last few laps were amazing todays race was all about the tyres.   Hamilton basically finished on 3 wheels, his team mate had a tyre failure a very short time before which cost him 10 places.   Someone else lost his tyre as well.  What with all that and the actual racing especially Mr Albon who made up 8 places, I think, from 16th to finish in the points over just 10 laps.   That was a good race, no one hurt but a lot of excitement and heart stopping moments.

Oh you're not interested in F1, sorry about that!

Lets look at a couple of CAS cards.


The start of a new month brings lots of challenge changes re-igniting creativity.  I don't know abut you but I often find myself flagging in the last week of a month then come the new month and it is all go again.

Less is More is a fortnightly challenge #425 started yesterday with the prompt Summer Flowers.   It did not take long to come up with a fun idea in response.  Only 1 Stampin' up stamp has been used with 6 different Distress inks in Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple, Red and Pink.  Green felt pen provided the green for the stems and words.   Wasn't sure it was finished so left it for a little while and then decided I'd be delighted to receive it in the post.

This morning a quick look at challenges that refresh in Sunday's  I saw that AAA cards also started a new challenge today #171 Along the Edge, with the optional twist of Beach.


Gulls suggest beach to me and I love this stamp it has so much detail, if you count there are 9 gulls.  I stamped the image in black Archival ink and then with felt pens scribbled onto a acrylic block sky and sea were watercoloured on from the left so that the colour fades into the white of the card stock.  The post was coloured with a third colour and then the water brush applied to soften it.   The sentiment Blue Skies was made for me, it is an old Sky Divers greeting and seems very apt here.

I knew I'd seen Watercolour some where and checking back realised it is CAS Mix Up.  Water colour rotation when watercolour must be the main focus.  Other requirements are theme Beach, must use stamping. 

Don't be surprised if I return to these themes over the next couple of weeks, the imagination has been stirred.

As always and especially now as Covid-19 infection rates are going back up Stay safe, Keep well & HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. I hope you do come back with another! This is so sweet with the light watercolor and lovely gulls! Your flowers are bright and pretty too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the racing was exciting Zoe and Hamilton really did do well. Wonderful CAS beach themed card with gentle watercolouring and what a great stamp x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little place is so full of inspiration. I actually stopped to spot all 9 gulls! Beautiful card and design and amazing white space. Thank you so much for joining us at AAA Cards. Hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your racing story was interesting. We have NASCAR here in the states we watch and they do keep you on the edge of your seat. I love your cards, especially the sea gulls. Just getting into doing water colors myself and finding them very compatible. Am joining you at Challenge for Days and just wanted to stop by and say "Hi". Hugs, Granny Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your stamping of your beach scene, soft watercoloring and CAS on the edge design, Zoe. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up Watercolour . Stay safe and creative. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gulls also suggest beach to me - and ice cream being dive bombed. Fabulous card.
    Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bright and happy summer flowers card. Definitely upbeat which we could all use these days. And your watercoloured beach scene is beautiful. I love the black and white with just a touch of colour from the watercoloured water and sky. A perfect CAS design. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a perfect CAS card. Thank you for joining the AAA Cards Challenge.
    - Joy Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the simple flower in all those cheery colours, a cute card to make anyone smile. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less us More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx