I've hummed and harred over sharing this

 I've set off on a sort of art journal, well been set off by More than Words really.   Their challenge this month is "Chill Out" and a sketch.  I love the sketch, which is unusual for me.  So I created this, but then spent several days wondering if it worked or not.  Who cares? I like it so decided to share it anyway.




Something like this allows my quirky fun loving unconventional side full rain and lets me have at it!


So stuck faithfully to the sketch but for the fact of making it on A5 card and turning it on it's side.   The butterfly wings are a new Lisa Horton Zentangle inspired stamp set.  There are 2 sets of wings and different body section to choose from + antenna and some sweet sentiments.   I would like to assure you no butterflies were harmed in the making of this page, the wings came already seperated.

So what else is on here?  Stampin' up Lines stamped twice in different colours.  Stampin' up splatters.  Some scraps from die cutting, the paper dots fell onto the page accidentally and I liked the effect so much they became part of the design.  A Tando branch and another Stampin' up image the little bird. The words Chill Out stamped letter by letter roughly where the sketch says Title.  Lines added with a ruler and some hand drawn arrow heads on some of them and some sticky back gemstones.  

Mediums, just in case you are interested, black dye based ink, Brilliance inks, felt pens, Gel Medium, Acrylic Ink and Viva Gloss Gel.

All in all an exercise in chilling out, and no music playing in my head this time hahaha.

Another challenge that might enjoy this is Try it on Tuesday, they have a theme of Words and/or Numbers hopefully the words Chill Out count.

Of course using something new this qualifies for NBUS #17


Comments

  1. Oh my goodness - this is such an original take on the challenge! I absolutely love it! Don't ever hesitate to share again ;) So glad you decided to join us at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this interesting combination of patterns and textures. This piece is so fun to look at! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fabulous thing about art journaling is there are no rules and no restrictions. I love the free-form nature of it, as you show here so well, Zoe! You give us so much eye candy to enjoy and relax as we wander across the pages!! Keep well and thank you so much for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Chill Out' certainly does count and I love the whole page/card!! Love the clever way you wrote the words too! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that is indeed a beautiful take on our sketch challenge!! Well done!! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW!! State safe xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do right to share it Zoe...It is unique, creative and what a fabulous take on the sketch x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty creation! Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful project, thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for joining us at MTW! xoxo Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a clever idea! I love how you interpreted it :)
    Thanks for joining MTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx