My favourite word is LAUGH

The sound of laughter usually makes us smile or even join in with the laughter, a fact used by comedy program producers who have cue cards telling live audiences when to laugh or use pre recorded laughter over the sound track.  And it works.  We all like to laugh it is a universal feeling of community.

If I can make someone smile or better laugh then you know I've done well.  You might have noticed in my posts there are often subtle or not so subtle moments of silliness.  All you are asked to do in response is laugh at me or with me it probably amounts to the same thing.  Laugh is a word that just sums it all up.

That More than Words sketch for this month was not done with me but it might have worked itself out of my system now.

The background paper has been cut from a 12 x 12 page by K and Co.   I love it for it's cheerful sunny colourful appearance, just right for this A4 grey board project.    The sketch is quite detailed but here it is the structural base and other "elements" have been added.  The washi tape has been used were there are blocks or lines in the sketch, and then embellished using some Florist wire and scraps of tape to make flags.  

As the words part of More than Words is "Chill Out" I wanted the whole piece to be a happy one, the blue moon face being a reminder to chase the blues away.  There are 3 Polymer clay pieces on here, the Joker, The round Moon, and the Sun and Moon joined.  Yellow clay was used for two of them the third made in "white" clay has been coloured with 2 different types of blue spray.  The main face is from an Andy Skinner/Tando stencil with Structural paste pushed through.  It has been coloured with a mixture of felt pens and Distress Inks.  Glossy Accents have been used over the eyes, and a strip of lace gives it a fringe.

Die cut clock face but in a chill out zone time is unimportant so the hands have fallen off.  Chill out stamped, a couple of words hand written in Sakura Pens and Laugh stencilled on with stencil paste.  Feathers, broken jewellery and yellow painted flowers added because they look right.


There were a couple of other challenges that are incorporated into this piece, they are:

613 Avenue Create - Always Anything Goes with option to use Washi

Inkspirational - #219 Face, so now you know why all those faces were baked! but as the challenge is singular I'll let them choose which is the challenges face hahaha.


Comments

  1. Fantastic creation love the colours you used xThank you for sharing at 613 Avenue create x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous layout and lots of wonderful elements. Yes laughing is good for you x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb creation! Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy fun layout and I love the way you have used the sketch. thank you for joinng us in the More Than Words challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! I love your unique take on the sketch. I applaud you for trying to make the word a happier place too! It's great to see you at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! I love the fun embellishments. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a stunning take on our challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at MTW stay safe xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great page! I like the positive vibe of it and sunny colors!
    Thanks for joining MTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful page! Very nicely done, indeed! Thanks for a awesome submission to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Echoing the others: you've created an amazing work of art! So many details to gaze at and admire! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx