Shabby Chic meets Mixed Media

Today was one of those days when I didn't know what I was going to make.  I have a stencil that I wanted to use and so started with that.


Onto some scrap white card Cosmic Shimmer Lava paste was pushed through the stencil.   Before applying heat Frantage gilded fragments, Crushed Glass and Pink ep were sprinkled over it.  As I always do when ep is involved I started heating the embossed piece from below only applying heat from above when the ep had started to transform.  As soon as the heat came down the paste started to expand and bubble up to meet it.

I was delighted to note that all the Frantage had stayed on!  Allowing the piece to cool the ProMarkers came out, Blossom, Leaf and Buttercup.  The colours were just dotted on the raised areas to suggest the blooms, stamen and leaves.  

It was now that the idea of a tag took hold, so quickly die cut a tag.  Then the embossed piece fussy cut not as closely as I usually do because I do not know how the paste will react to being cut into or what cutting into it would do to my scissors!   The tag base covered with another stencil and DI in shades of pink ad green dusted over.  After that it was just a matter of searching various boxes and stash hiding places to find things to embellish with.

Challenges

Always Fun - #175 Tags 
We Love to Craft mixed media Challenge - #8 Anything mixed media goes
Vintage Journey - Tag your it
Mix it Up - #40 Anything Goes + optional twist embossing

Well this was fun, can I just remind you to wear your mask when and where it is required.   Imagine if a surgeon went to work but refused to wear his mask.  Stay safe, Keep well and HAVE FUN.


Comments

  1. Your tag is lovely . Great to hear how it came together . Sounds like you had fun creating .
    Thanks for joining our challenge over at A Vintage Journey . x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty design. Love the texture. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Judy McKay DT TTCRD
    In Search of My Creative Side

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty, textural tag! Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful mixed media elements and the frantage adds great texture and glad it stayed on x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely project.
    Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at
    Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Crafty Hugs x
    Debbie Maddock
    TTCRD DT
    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the texture on this project - very tactile. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tag and texture abounds. So lovely. Thanks for adding to our MIU Gallery this month.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx