These boots are made for ???

There has been a lot of flooding over the last couple of days, if you have been effected is there anything I can do to help?   It must be one of the hardest things anyone has to face loss of home and treasures to unremitting floods.   They are so frequent now as well, the natural world is going through some restructuring and we will all have to adapt.

Right now there is a Thunder storm raging outside at least the car gets a bit of a wash hahaha.   

AAA cards has a new CAS challenge with the theme "My Other Hobby".  First reaction was which one!   Genealogy is one of my interests and I wondered for a while how to express that and keep it CAS.   Jewellery making is a passion especially working with natural materials and gemstones, I especially enjoy chainmaille.  Again a bit stumped at how to demonstrate this on a card & keep it CAS.  The natural world, history, archaeology are all interests that I lap up when ever I can.  Cats both domestic and wild intrigue me.  I used to love Horse Riding, bit to stiff and fat now.  Sky diving even if I never could fall stable it was still enormous fun.    Everything interests me and you could say my hobby is absorbing as much information on as many different subjects as I can.   

But for this challenge all I wanted to do was made a CAS card that reflects something I enjoy doing.

Walking, I am fortunate as this is a semi rural area, the River Freshney flows through marsh land near here.  The bank is a peaceful place to walk and watch wildlife.   If I walk in the other direction for about a mile I am walking in country side, no pavements but wide verges and beyond them fields.   When it is not to hot or wet walking along these routes is so peaceful and head clearing, it is a privilege to have this on the door step.

So a pair of walking boots from Made to Surprise and a new die and stamp set (yippee NBUS) on grey card.  It did feel a little odd not to have to do any fussy cutting.   The Hero Arts Sentiment was tested in various green inks before I settled on the one used, and now I cannot remember which one it was.   The little tufts of grass are fo course hand drawn on.

So a card for:

AAA Cards - well no because it is one layer with the optional twist of "My Other Hobby"  But thank you AAA for the inspiration.

NBUS - #17 Anything Goes so long as there is some "Never Before Used Schtuff"  I've been learning about Darnell in recent months and she is both very talented and hilarious, not to mention that she is also very kind and generous in her comments.  You are much appreciated lovely lady.

Less is More - #426 Doodles, well they did say it did not have to be a lot!

bastel-traum - #92 Clean and Simple.

Well for now that's all folks.  Stay Safe, Keep Well and when required wear that flippin' mask over both your mouth and your nose.  HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. I love your card, and I love the writing that goes along with it. A wonderfully simple design and an awesome sentiment. I love your doodled grass. Thanks for playing at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post Zoe and how fabulous that you have so many interests and hobbies x. A wonderful CAS card and the grey card stock is perfect for the stamped image x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really must get my chain maille projects out and do some - I haven't done any for years! Your card is great and your doodles set off the sentiment and ground the boots nicely. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is a wonderful CAS card with such a great sentiment.
    Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.
    Hugs and good luck from
    stempelfrida
    DT bastel-traum challenge
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, wonderful. Thank you very much for joining us at the bastel-traum Challenge.

    Hugs and good luck
    Ute
    DT bastel-traum challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx