This is a mop up post

As threatened I did go back into the craft room today.  Well if you are in the UK, just about anywhere in the UK today, and looked out of the window then you'll realise going out today was not an option unless absolutely necessary.  So instead I checked Challenges for Days and found some challenges to take inspiration from.


I've been playing around with sunsets recently, this one has just been waiting for the right moment and something to use it with.

The scene is composed of a couple of stamps from a magazine set.  The colouring is layers of felt tip pens.  Today It became a card topper with a Kraft Glassine mat and some buff card.  On top of these a die cut sea horse and a stamped fussy cut shell, both from another Magazine set.  No sentiment which is normal for me.

Challenges:  

The Card Concept - #138 Sunset at the Shore

Make my Monday - #129 On the Beach

Creative inspirations - Summer Fun

Time out - #169 Seasons and Colouring.   As summer winds down to Autumn if you are lucky enough to live near a west coast beach you might encounter a scene like this.


Then I got the urge to do to something CAS.


A simple underwater scene.  A4 card cut in half lengthwise to form a tent fold card.   Inkylicious fish stamps lined up down the middle, stamped and masked.  1 inch down each side of the card masked off.  A new Lavinia seaweed stamp added and partially filled in with felt pens.  Now the inkylicious dusters and distress inks.  At last time to colour in the fish, it turned out that my old trusty Whisper pens had the right colours for the job.   Then I did something very unusual for me and stamped a sentiment.

Challenges

CAS on Friday - #187 Under the Sea

Creative Friday - #263 Under the water.

Crafty Chicks - #522 Occasions

Well when I started this post I was going to spend some time on the family tree, but between Harley and then Minx I've not been allowed to just sit and write so I'll probably just sit watching TV and playing silly games on the iPad now.  Stay safe, Keep Well, Wear your Mask, HAVE FUN.





Comments

  1. Wow this sunset scene is outstanding and it just has so much warmth to it. And I like how you used the stamps in the scene and added the dies perfectly placed and to match the scene. Thanks for joining us at Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card and beautiful sunset, the colours are aboslutley fabulous. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful cards! Your coloring looks fantastic and I like the scenes you created. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards. Your sunset is just amazing. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what an amazing effect your layering with felt tip pens, this is a stunning card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Make My Monday. We look forward to seeing you visit us again. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Zoe, your cards are gorgeous, love the way you did the sky in the first one. Did I read you are in Lincolnshire? I'm American, but my dad's emigrating Hatcher ancestors were from Careby and also from Northamptonshire. Cheers! XXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are fabulous! Love the scene that you created using markers and those stamps- great job! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept and we hope you can play along again with us soon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful CAS scene. Love your watercolouring. The fishes looks so bright. Many thanks for joining us at Creative Friday.
    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx