Well this grabbed my attention

 I do like a good challenge and checking Make my Monday today their new challenge interested me.   We are asked to make a Criss Cross card.  I have not actually made one of these before although basically easy  it seemed like a fun thing to do.

So I went and cut the grass, did some weeding had a cup of tea and generally avoided the craft room while the idea developed in my head.


This is what I came up with.   Two (UK) A5 cards cut down on their front, the cut off pieces trimmed down and die cut with a die from a set that came with a magazine.   The wrap is an old "We are Memory Keepers" envelope wrap.   Chosen because I cannot find my Hello stamp.   That made the colour scheme!


On the back of the wrap there is a little slit that the tail of the other end slips into.  So much easier than pushing a wrap over the closed card.

Behind the cutout is some turquoise paper from a from an old pad that came with a magazine.  These magazines are such a great source of so many crafty things.   Knowing that the dominate colour of is card is pink shades and tones of blue make a great foil.  Blue DI dusted over the top of the front panels Salty Ocean is a great tonal match for the pink.

The Tag to go inside was the most fun.  3 different shades of Pink in DI were blended all over and then pink distress paint pushed onto it.  Next water sprayed on then the flicked some with from a water brush.  The stamp is from Penny Black, finally a Memory Box die to take bits off the sides.

This was fun, so glad I did it.

Challenges

Make My Monday - #130 Criss Cross Card, thank you for selecting my card last challenge.

Cardz 4 Galz - #129 Just saying Hello

Well it is nearly time for bed so I'll sign off with what had become my usual sign off.  Stay safe, Keep well, Wear that mask please, and HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. This is so pretty, I love how you've decorated with the ink. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure did nail this Zoe and what a unique and stunner of a card x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is sooooo cool ! Love the design and the fab colour combo. Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love how you did it thanks for joining us in our challenge.
    Cindy MMM Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design! Thanks for joining our criss cross card challenge at Make My Monday. I hope you join us again! Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, with a fabulous sentiment tag. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday with your wonderful card. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx