An accidental Christmas Card

 I make very few Christmas cards, it is not my favourite season and the year long sales and marketing that goes on frankly irritates me.  So much so that for several years now I've not bothered doing anything about it.  Apart that is from an annual crafting girls meet up at the end of November.   We are booked into the hostel again this year but with the increase in Covid_19 cases the fact that there are 5 or 6 of us from 4 or 5 different house holds does not bode well.

Anyway there are a lot of Christmas themed items in the stash.  It was while looking for a stencil to work with that the one chosen happened to be quite Christmassy.


Metal stencils are made for embossing doing it by hand takes time so I wondered how it would be to use my Big Shot.   Firstly the vellum piece went through, it shifted on the platform so the edge was spoilt.   Then a piece of cream coloured paper was tried, and this time the edge came out as well.   How to colour it?   Treasure Gold metallic wax touched over the paper piece with cotton wool.  The vellum piece carefully line up was overlaid and secured with split pins.  The rest is just the usual bits and bobs from the stash.

The challenges

ModSquad - Step up your Stencil, use a stencil and then embellish it!  Here the embellishment is the wax colouring and then the vellum overlay.

My Time to Craft - #440 Embossing wet or dry

Creative Knockouts - #367 Lots of layers.

So just a little bit of fun and there will be someone I want to send this to come the season.  Hoping you Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear your Mask, and HAVE FUN.


Comments

  1. This is just beautiful. Great way to use your stencil!!!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Zoe. I haven't embossed metal stencils in my big shot but have done in the cuttlebug using a rubber mat, forgot I have quite a lot of the brass stencils, will have to dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Knockouts, I hope you will join us again this week:-)

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx