Autumn Leaves on the Wind

 A little fanciful maybe but it is what this card brings to mind.

I love the CAS Mix up challenge this month, embossing with a die.   Looking through things yesterday I came across an un-opened box of white pearlised slimline cards.   Perfect thinks I for using with this technique.  



The die is Mega Flourish Two from Cheery Lynn Designs.  I does not get used often as it is a large die but imho very elegant.  It certainly worked well here, the card is 8" x 3" so you can see how big the die is.

Wanting to keep this CAS I simply stamped 3 leaves onto yellow paper with Sepia ink and carefully fussy cut them.  My Granddaughter and her Partner are waiting for the results of a Covid_19 test.  Following a week-end at Center Parks they have both gone down with sore throats, loss of taste and smell + a high temperature.  Fortunately they live together so will be able to self isolate together with her mother leaving shopping for them outside their front door.  Izzy likes CAS so this will be their joint get well soon card.   Me oh no I'll be fine they live 300 miles from me!

Challenges

CAS Mix Up - Embossing with Dies, Embossed flourish, stamped and fussy cut leaves.

Just us Girls - #552 Word Week "LEAVES"

Dream Valley - #232 Embossing wet or dry

NBUS - #18 Never before used schtuff, my card stock from goodness only knows how long ago at least 10 years!






Comments

  1. Ah this is super, what a great card. I hope that they get well soon. My eldest son and his partner had it and it was like a bad flu. :( Take Care, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an elegant and classy card Zoe with a great technique x. I hope your granddaughter and her partner keep well x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very rich elongated card with that special paper and the perfect die chosen for the dry embossing. The few leaves complete this beauty. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!
    Continue to stay safe, this will definitely cheer your cherished ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your leaves blowing in the wind, Zoe! A very thoughtful, well-executed design. I'm sorry your granddaughter and her partner got Covid. I hope they recover quickly and have no long-term side effects. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your die embossed flourish made a beautiful background for your beautiful Autumn leaves. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful find! Love that pearly paper and think it won't sit around long now that it's been found out! The die is perfect to make those pretty leaves look like they are swirling in the wind! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The dry embossing on your pearl paper is GORGEOUS!! LOVE the effect. Beautiful leaves to complete your design. Hope your granddaugher and her partner are feeling better and the Covid test was negative. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome design, love the die shape and the golden leaves. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up this month.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx