Books

 All my life books have been my companions although I read a lot less now in this house there are lots, and I mean lots!, of much loved books.   A good book will transport you to somewhere/somewhen else, and there are many many places to be taken.

The idea of using a book or the pages of a book has always been unsettling.    Even second hand books bought specifically for that purpose.  A book is someone's artistic work it is where they share something of themselves.  Be it fact or fiction a book is something to respect and treasure.

How then to use such a venerated item in a craft challenge.  Well from a 20th century visit to London I still have an A to Z.   While it contains a lot of useful information my iPhone is much more useful as a guide in the capital these days.

More than words main challenge this month is Books and Book paper.  I knew the main stamp I wanted to use.

If you were in the city and looking for a place to sit and quietly read a book what better place than Hyde Park?   The stamps are from Rogue Redhead coloured with Chameleon Pens.   The papers themselves were cut down to fit the journal I am making from this challenge's monthly themes.   if you want to know where Speakers Corner is you need to see page 49 but it has been stuck to the card!

A lot of the path/road names have been replaced with titles of books with London in their name.   A magazine embossing folder provided the relief top right and again just below the seated girl.


Another Challenge that this fits with is

Everybody Art - Book page (fortnightly)

I have said that I am using the monthly challenge to create a book of my own, an Art Journal.  Thought you might like to see the evidence of it thus far.


Well best get on with the day and discover what it holds.  Stay safe, Keep Well, Please wear your face mask, and most importantly HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. Super cool! Your stamping is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh golly this is super, what a great make. I love how you have changed the street names too. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great page for your art journal Zoe. I loved reading about your thoughts on using pages of books in art.....x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh - this is such an awesome interpretation of the challenge! I love how you used the map and re-named the roads. I look forward to seeing your future creations in this book! All the best from More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh , that is fantastic...the roadmap, the new street name, the stamping...love your take on our challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at MTW!! Xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is amazing and
    this is such an awesome interpretation of the challenge! Thank you for joining us at Mtw this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great journaling!! I loved the qoute a book is like a garden carried on your pocket!! Fabulous composition! Great you're making a journal book just for this year challenge! :) Thanks for joining us at MTW xoxo Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty creation
    Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great! and unusual! Thank you for joining us at MtW this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The girl under the tree, is that a stamp also? I love my books and it's true it can be hard to think about dissecting them to use in art, but maybe try to find old, not valuable books, that you can turn into art instead of them ending up in landfill. Ask at charity shops for the ones that they can't sell. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words - Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cool love it thanks for joining with us at MTW challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx