Closely related but distinctly individual

Playing with stencils and stencil paste recently got me wondering how the Shaving Foam technique would work with a stencil.  I have never seen anyone do this although others must have and I've just not come across them.

Anyway Got the shaving form and Brusho out.  Just 2 colours Blue and Green were added one on each side.  Rather than mix the colours they were moved back and forth through the foam so the colour dispersed through it but merging was kept to a minimum.  Pallet knife loaded with foam and spread over the stencil and the card under it.


surplus foam returned to the tray with it was worked in.   A new stencil was attached to another piece of card, this second pass of the foam resulted in the image above.  After that the usual technique of laying card over the foam and squishing it down was done so there is a lovely background and another stencil result that is currently a work in progress.

A frame was die cut in cream linen effect card stock and more cream card provided the DL card.  Trouble with that the stencil had been used with bright white card.   A little blessing with Distress Inks resolved that.

Card assembled it just needed a little dressing.   The bow is made of some ribbon that originally entered the stash to be used with friendly plastic.  The little flower such a good match for the colours used; it finally came out of its box.  The little buttons and hearts were only re-discovered in the stash mountain recently but perfect for here so glad I found them.

Challenges

Splashy Mix - Inspired by their mood board, not the colours not the images but the overall vintage/shabby chic mood attracted me.   Shabby Chic is something I was never comfortable with but since returning to paper crafting it seems to be easier.

Frilly and Funky - Their theme is Birds

Crafty Creations - #413 Anything Goes and Thank you for selecting my as a Top 3 in your last challenge.





That brings me to the second card which uses the "waste" from the frame in the card above and the embossed stencil piece that set the idea of shaving foam in motion.   Both cards also employ my go to colour scheme Green and Blue.


It looks blue in the photograph but the embossing paste bottom right is actually green.  Blue was used on the board but I wanted the green here to balance all the blue.

The stamp is Penny Black, Scented message 4239K.  Stamped with Spectrum noir, alcohol-proof dye.  First time I've used it, this is a fine detail stamp the impression is crisp.  The butterfly is another old stamp not sure now who it is from.  Images coloured with ProMarkers and the ribbon which was off white has also been coloured with the same marker as the flowers.

Challenges

Allsorts - #588 Hand Coloured Image, mine isn't fancy clever colouring but then that is not my style.

Penny Black Saturday - Favourite Colours. Green and Blue.

OK I'm watching the Liberian which is a very silly film hahaha and now I'm going to play an equally silly game on my iPad.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, wear your mask, & HAVE FUN.


Comments

  1. Wow Zoe - what a wonderful technique with the stencil - a new twist on the shaving foam for sure. And I love your second card too! Re. your comment about Dudley wanting middle of the night treats - don't worry, his pleading looks were ignored (tough as it was!)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are fabulous Zoe and what a unique effect from the fun technique. I have tried it before and it sure does look good x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful floral card for our 'Hand coloured image' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in. Your other creation is equally lovely of course.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've achieved a fab effect, so delicate. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card....
    Thanks for joining us at PBSC ....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such a beautiful pair of cards, and what a clever way to use the shaving cream technique! I love that bird design and how you've framed it. So impressed that you made your second card with the 'waste'. I always love to make the most of my products, so this is right up my alley. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative person, to use shaving cream technique on stencils! Love the way this came out. And your card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge is just lovely! The addition of the embossing paste is just the right touch. Thanks for joining us at PBSC. Hugs, Lynda Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both such beautiful cards - I love how you've used the shaving cream technique on the first and framed it so elegantly. Thank you for joining in with our challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely❣.... thanks for joining us at Splashymix Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx