Red Rose

Yesterday was all clean washed blue skies, Jill and I were enjoying the sky without all the pollution from commercial aircraft.  We still hear the RAF flights as they head out over the North Sea but don't see many of those big passenger planes overhead or the vapour trails they leave in their wake.   If one good thing has come out of the pandemic it is cleaner skies.   Not that you would notice today, it is chucking it down again, wall to wall cloud cover and yet more water.   If you live in a flood prone area it might be an idea to start preparing your defences.  It was only February when the fields were last flooded could easily happen again!

On the brighter side I did have a little chuckle to myself the other day.  Brenda popped over to comment on my entry to one of her challenges.  She reminded me that it would be a fitting entry to We Love Chocolate Baroque  little did she know there was something else in mind for that!

Here it is


I do not have a lot of Elusive Image plates, partly because they were so flippin' expensive and because they were generally mounted on the foam backing stuff.   I prefer my rubber, if it is not wood mounted, to be without a backing.  Glue it directly onto an acrylic block and stamp, it is important to have an almost solid surface beneath the card stock just minimal flexibility to allow the stamp to make a good impression.   

This is Harlequin Rose from 2008, I know that Chocolate Baroque still carry this plate as it was on the trailer for them last night on Hochanda!   For a romantic card this remains one of the most beautiful plates in my opinion.

So stamped in Brilliance Lightening black this is a black and gold ink which leaves a softer impression and has a soft shimmer/glimmer in the light.   Stamped again onto scrap card, the rose coloured with Whisper pens and fussy cut.   The light effect from the stamping ink still shows through the colouring which adds to the romantic feel of the card.   Sandwiched between the base card and the fussy cut topper is the oak leaf heart stamped in stayzon onto acetate.  Edges of the card dusted with DI worn lipstick, naturally.

Challenges

We Love Chocolate Baroque  - #2 Anything Goes.  Thank you for choosing my card last month as one of the very first top picks for your new challenge.  I consider it a great honour to be chosen in the 1st challenge.

Crafters Cafe - #252 Anything Goes

We Love 2 create - #10 Always anything mixed media goes


Well if it is not a day for getting out and about I might just have to do some of the dreaded, or perhaps I'll just sit here stroking the cats! Stay Safe, Keep Well, Check the Rules where you are and follow them please, most importantly HAVE FUN.

Comments

  1. Well there you go Zoe, you were planning something all along and yes this in indeed a current image, in fact most of Glenda's continue with Lesley and David, just the clear ones went.

    The Rose really pops the way you have decoupaged it and it's a beautiful creation. Lovely to see you again at We Love Chocolate Baroque, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, what a lovely card, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about clear skies, we’ve had beautiful weather and the skies are really quiet. Your card is very pretty! I love the rose. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter’s Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous and beautiful card. I just bought this stamp!
    Thank you for joining us at the We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, thanks for joining ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx