A die got me very excited

A little online shopping the other day saw a new die falling into my shopping cart.   When it arrived it proved to be even prettier than on screen.  When something new arrives I do not always use it right away but this one well it must have been 2 + hours playing with this one.  Apple Blossom brand, Winter Wishes - Winter Wreath 5 Piece die set.   But I only used the main die here.



The only issue I had was getting a complete clean crisp die cut.  I used wax paper and different weights of paper/card, different places on the platform to no avail.  What I did not try was the other machine.  Fortunately I am used to fussy cutting and was able to free the tricky bit with scissors and craft knife.

I already knew it would be a green and red wreath but could not resit trying it on some wonderful rust effect paper.  This rust paper became the base of my wreath with green and red elements added on top.  Couple of benefits in my view, this laying gives more light and shade to the final piece and the fir cone looks lovely nestled on it's green pine leaf.

Having decided to place the wreath on the card like so the idea of putting the Penny Black wreath with gold ep, in the middle came to me.   Then for this semi CAS card I had to add the Hot off the Press stamp recently re-discovered also in gold ep, with holly leaves and berries picked out in felt pen.

Now Christmas cards are not my thing but the wreath can be for all manner of occasions and I do need a card for my Brother, this year this might be it.

Challenges, of course there are challenges!

Time out - #174 Festivals 

Stamping Sensations - Garlands, Wreaths and Christmas Flowers

CAS on Friday - #193 Use a Big Sentiment

Well that was fun, next I'll try to get a perfect die cut of this wreath in white.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Please continue to follow the rules, and Have Fun.




Comments

  1. I really like the balanced look of this card and what a stunning die-and wow to fussy cutting it! I do love how you placed the wreath tugged around the doe and balanced this with the sentiment on top. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty Christmas card! I like your use of dies with the traditional colors and the touch of gold. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how things fall into our shopping baskets isn't it Zoe, very easily done on line. And I agree is is rather a must have die and very innovative how you have turned the PB wreath and stamped within it in.

    Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great purchase and what a fabulous design layout with the pretty wreath Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining Stamping Sensations with this entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx