Cas, Watercolour, Off the Edge

That is this month's challenge at CAS Mix Up.  I'm still not sure what they intend or expect perhaps I should look at the inspiration pieces.  I prefer to see what the challenge is and then mull over it for how ever long it takes to come up with an idea.

This one took just a couple of days.  This year I discovered Craftworld a great international meeting place for crafters of all levels and styles.  The site is organised by the business Craft Stash a lot of the brands carried in the business demonstrate on Craftworld, you get a live hour long demonstration of crafters techniques with a chat box where you can ask questions.  It really is a fabulous learning resource and is completely free of charge to watch and chat.

Earlier this year there was a demo by Lisa Horton showcasing her set of round vase stamps.  Demo was interesting (they nearly always are) and this one grabbed my attention because of an opportunity I saw with the main stamp.  One day it will be used for a crystal ball but not just yet gotta figure out the flat base.  Anyway I hot fingered it over to the store and purchased the set.  NBUS fans this is the first outing for that big round vase.


OK so back to the challenge that started all this.  The card is A5 (8 2/10" x 5 12/16").   The Lisa Horton stamp placed part on part off the card and stamped in Brilliance blue.   The roses are an old Kanban stamp chosen to fit inside the first image part on, part off the card.   It was stamped in Brilliance Gold and embossed with gold ep.  The colouring is with DI and a water brush.  Weathered wood for glass highlights and mixing, Picked Raspberry, Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass.  A sentiment was needed and naturally old faithful "With Love" was stamped in the same Brilliance as the vase/bottle outline.  I do not think this picture does the card justice but there you go.

For the record this is my idea of mixed media, 3 different types of ink embossing powder and water colouring.

Entered into

CAS Mix up - CAS, Water-colouring, Off the Edge

NBUS - #20 Anything Goes with Never Before Used Schtuff 

Retro Rubber - #147 Anything Goes Must use stamp over a year old.  That old Kanban stamp is more than 10 years old I cannot be more exact sorry.

Arty Divas - #31 Always Anything goes

Well before lockdown kicks in I need to pop to the shop so this is all for now.  Pop back tomorrow for something that excited me no end in fact I'm still fizzing.  Until then Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear your Mask, HAVE FUN.






Comments

  1. A fun way to do off the edge stamping and such a pretty card.
    You really must look at the inspirational pieces that the amazing design team have on the post Zoe...It will give you tons of inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, I love the vase in the corner and the sentiment hiding under it leaving all that gorgeous white space. Despite your uncertainties, I think you nailed it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real clever off the edge card Zoe - glad to see you at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly what I had in mind for "off the edge"! Love this round vase and the bright and pretty flowers it contains! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the off the edge vase and how clever to pop your sentiment underneath the vase. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's easy to imagine that this pretty card is more spectacular in person than on the monitor, especially with the gold embossing! Your vase and flower coloring is fantastic, Zoe! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your off-the-edge card! The clean space left behind makes the image stand out all the more. The gold embossing is a pretty touch. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card and great concept. I love to watercolor heat embossed cards, and you've done a lovely job. Sometimes I haven't written down the age of a stamp and have to guess too. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb idea for the bowl of roses. Love the CAS appeal to your card.
    Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful image and love the embossing touches, perfect for such a wonderful creation. So glad you joined us for our ATG Challenge at Arty Divas and I hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great take on this month's challenge, love the vase! Thank you for playing along at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx