Fairies or Angels it is all abstract.

Here is something that finally got realised and constructed yesterday!   There is a little bit of a story behind it.  International Art and Soul is a challenge that is nearly always enjoyable the team have a great mix of skills so the inspiration pieces are just that inspiring.   When I saw the current theme #95 Fairies and/or Elves my thought was "oh dear, not one for me then."  But the theme did not go away.  Then it occurred to me to use circles with a fairy in each one, that was until Sunday 1st.  Archi-scraps new challenge is to use triangles and has an amazing piece of architecture as the inspiration.

So the idea came about to use triangles as fairies.   Somehow the building inspired me to use layers of triangles for each fairy.  While cutting these out etc they started to look like Gilead (setting for the Handmaid's Tale in the modern tv adaption of the book) women.  They were all going to have triangles for heads.   At the same time there was something angelic about them hence the title of this post.


The base is an A4 (not quite 12" x 8 and a bit") thin grey board.  The background is a piece of embossed paper that has been in a draw for more than 10 years.  The triangles are cut from various snippets of paper on my work desk, the wings (also triangles) are Mulberry paper torn by wetting the shape lines and pulling it apart.  I was going to use white paper doilies behind the fairies but that did not look right, spotted the scraps of yellow hessian frayed them a bit more and got the perfect backing to the fairies!  the cluster of flowers bottom right were fussy cut from one of the doilies and made use of the threads pulled out of the hessian in the fraying.  Finally the head, those triangles were just not doing it for me.  I hit on the idea of crafters foam hand made flowers, with a little felt pen dot in the middle of each one.

This piece is now hanging on the stairs wall, hence the pink I really must get it painted one of these days!

While making this I got very excited realising it qualified for Pixies Crafty Workshop. I know Di loves my quirky artistic style even if it is a bit confusing at times!  

This is the Archi-scraps inspiration picture.  Isn't that building intriguing?


Cricky I nearly forgot Mixed Media Place gorgeous mood board kept popping in to my mind as well during the making of this!   Isn't it lush?  The rectangles and flowers are a direct reference to this board as well of course as all that white.


Well that is enough for now, the craft room and some new ideas are calling.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Enjoy lock down it is an opportunity to try something new in the craft room, most of all Have Fun.

Comments

  1. What a creative idea!

    Thanks for joining us at International Art and Soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So right, I love this wall hanging! And it's a great take on the inspiration image as well. Plues, you used plenty of snippets!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joking us at archiscraps this month. Your work using triangles is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty ❤️Thank you for sharing your art with us at the Mixed Media Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting projects. Thank you for participating in the MMP challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the MMP!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx