November page in my More Than Words Journal

Earlier this year, when I started to maintain list at Challenges for Days, I came across an interesting Mixed Media Challenge More Than Words.   For the last 5 months I have been using their prompts in my own way and creating a journal.

The DT inspiration and generally the entries are usually beautiful Mixed Media pieces often scrapbook pages embellished with the theme of the month using lots of lush flowers, stencil work an array of colours.  Creating some breath taking works of art.   Then I join in!  It is more usual for me to go down a different route and try to add some humour to my pages.   The DT have always been kind in their comments and I know are often amused by my take on things.  Truth to tell I loved Mixed Media but my style is more messy seemingly hap hazard.

So this month the prompt is Season and Leaves, with the request that we add leaves to our project.


It took me a couple of weeks to get my head round this theme but finally (on Sunday) it came together.  The sentiment is from Creative Expressions speaking loud and clear to yours truly it became the focus of this little spread.  Next a Prima Mask to frame it with autumnal colours of DI blended over.   The hardest thing was keeping the card in place under the stencil.  From the same set as the sentiment came the leaves.  Initially a set of 3 were stamped onto the card and then carefully over stamped in a different colour, a third colour was laid on top.  The leaves were then given a water brush wash to blend and soften the colours.    Different leaves from the same set were stamped onto a scrap of card stamped and over stamped in the same way but with different colours and then carefully fussy cut.  Finally the little pine cone die cut, this came from the set I was raving about the other day.  It still would not cut this little piece nicely until I hit on the idea of using it with just wax paper.  The resulting delicate die cut was then coloured with Alcohol Ink.

This is for you then More Than Words but you have to share it with;

Make My Monday - #135 Elegant Fall/Autumn

Papercraft Challenges - #64 Self-made Background 






Well I hope you enjoyed this even if it did not make you laugh as much as some of my previous posts.  As always Stay Safe, Keep Well, Remember the rules are for all of us and HAVE FUN

Comments

  1. It's so great to see more pages out of your journal. I really love the positive and negative leaves. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall means leaves and beautiful leaves turning color to me . I love all the leaves and the colors on your card. Thank you for playing with us at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting your interpretation of the challenge. I really like < 3
    Thank you for joining us at MTW this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at More Than Words Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful autumn colours for your leaves. Thank you for joining us in the more than words challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Thank you for joining our "Elegant Fall" Challenge at Make My Monday.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quote and page!! Love it !! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your background, and the sentiment.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful page at our challenge.

    -xiss- Renate.
    (DT Papercraft Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may not make us laugh but your sentiment is beautiful! I really love your page. It's always great to see you at More Than Words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx