Maybe a card for a Drag Queen!

A new challenge joined the rota back in September.  A fortnightly challenge that invites us to us two colours.  The current theme is Blue & Magenta which excited me, been tossing ideas around in my head for a couple of days.  This is what I settle on.

The stamp is one I got second hand because I just love the image but until today I had not inked it.   The stamping is in silver ink with Blue Glass ep on top.  I've mentioned before that my "Heat it up" Blue Glass is old and seems to have lost some of it's glassy finish.   You will notice here that it did not stick all that well either allowing some of the silver ink to show through on the skirt and completely on the hanger.   I rather like the shabby effect.

The base card is white card stock coloured with DI.  The old technique of inking an acrylic block spraying it and then swishing the card through the ink.  The colours used were faded denim and pickled raspberry.   The pink being the more dominate colour in the mix so the edge of the card touched with the denim to bring more of the blue back in.

The dress has been coloured with ProMarker marked Magenta.  It was while colouring the dress that the idea came to me that this would be suitable for a Drag Queen!  If you know drag you will know that those Queen's love their bling which is why two pink and a blue gem were added right at the end.

The Challenges then:

Color Hues - #7 Blue & Magenta

NBUS - #21 Always Anything Goes with Never Before Used Schtuff 

Creative Fingers - #198 Always Anything Goes

Watercooler Wednesday - #300 Anything Goes with a Feminine twist.

Now I wonder if that gel medium has dried yet? Stay safe, Keep well, stick to the rules, Have Fun
 

Comments

  1. Lovely card. Love the shabby look you achieved. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a striking card, grungy and glorious x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love that beautiful dress and the eye-catching colors you used. Have a great week and thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you picked our challenge to finally get ink on that wonderful stamp. It looks so pretty in Magenta and Blue. The watercolored background is fabulous too. We are happy you joined us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Just love your card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.
    DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Zoe, your bold card really epitomizes the colors of the Color Hue challenge! I love that stamp and how vibrant and striking your design is! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx