A VW Beetle called Poppy

Now I don't want to alarm anyone but I did do rather a lot of house work today, that's twice this year.  Wonder how long I can keep it up and is it damaging?

Earlier this week my behaviour was much more like me and I had a happy couple of days playing with this mixed media piece.


This little mini pallet came from Stamps Away, I love these little kits there are so many different ways you can lay them out and there are all the lovely surfaces to throw stuff at.

This one started by being taped together on the reverse, it was then given a coat of white Gesso.  Next layer a torn piece of rice paper.  A stencil came next or at least part of one Poppies are a favourite flower.  I used a mixture of Dreamweaver pearlised paste mixed with Imagination Crafts clear paste first time mixing different brands like this the result is a bit patchy but worked as I'd hoped.  One it was dry the stencil was put back and some dream weave crackle paste scraped over the top.

While the paste was drying some Tando chipboard elements were sprayed with Glimmer Mists.  When the boards were ready my favourite word "laugh" was stencilled onto the side with gold Alchemy Wax.  The boards were then untapped and separated, and the connecting bars glued on the back to hold them in place.  Finally the Tando chipboard pieces were attached.

I enjoy Mixed Media and it is fun trying different techniques and styles.

Challenges who I would love to share it with.

Funkie Junkie Boutique - Put a good word in - Laugh is a very good word.

Crafty Creations - #417 Anything Goes

C.R.A.F.T. - #582 Anything Goes

Try it on Tuesday - Uplifting or Positive Quote - "laugh" need I say more?

613 Avenue - Anything Goes

Settling into 2021 now, Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear you Mask and Have Fun

Comments

  1. Ah this is super, what a great make, Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip about mixing the pastes, which I have never done either and a great idea to then put the crackle paste on top of that....I will be trying this. Wonderful and creative mixed media project Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mini pallet. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Hugs Sylvia-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A much better way to use your time than housework! This is absolutely beautiful...and 'Laugh' is such a good word to use! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laugh is indeed a good word! Your mixed media artwork is gorgeous! I love the chipped background! And I enjoyed my laugh at your opening paragrap h!Thank you for playing along at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting! I love your treatment! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx