Chocolate!!!

Outside it is miserable, I lay in bed this morning listening to the rain.  Since eventually getting up the rain has hardly stopped chucking it down.  Could be worse I think for some people there has been a lot of snow.  On days like this we all need something nice and comforting don't we.

Well the new theme at Less is More could provide that!  It is their 10th Birthday! Wow 10 years of CAS cards.  When the challenge started hardly anyone was making them regularly, and tbh I was quite scornful of them.  To me a CAS card was an inch square of fabric or hessian with a small charm plonked on top.  How things have changed over the last 10 years and that is in large part due to the Less is More Challenge.

So for this special occasion they have challenged us to #436 colour - Chocolate.


I hope all the extra effort that went into this card is appreciated!  I had to go to the shop and buy some chocolate.  It was not possible to buy just one small bar they didn't have any so it had to be a multi pack of 4 small bars.  What am I going to do with all that Chocolate?

Then I have had to use my last piece of Chocolate brown card stock.  Any Stampin' up reps in the UK reading this please let me know if this is still in the range and tell me how I can order some, parties are not an option.  

Funky Fossil were celebrating a Birthday on Hochanda the other day, if you made a purchase you received a celebration themed stencil as a little gift.  Had no idea it would be useful and certainly not this quickly.  CAS Mix Up this month had the bright idea of getting us to use embossing powders with our stencils.  A perfect combination I thought.

In keeping with the Chocolate theme I chose Stampendous Shabby EP in old wine.  It is a purple/gold mix and as any Brit will tell you that rich royal purple is the colour of a popular chocolate manufacture in the UK.

Also sharing this with NBUS #23 as this is the first time I've used the stencil.

Umm think i might have a little nibble on some chocolate now.  Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear your Mask and HAVE FUN.  Oh yes Stay Dry hahaha.

  


Comments

  1. FABULOUS and sumptuous make and, yes, I'm a fan of that particular brand of chocolate too - cracking job. As soon as I found the LIM challenge I knew I had found a style that would please me for some while to come ... STILL making CAS cards and entering most of their challenges too! No longer even sure I know how to make a fussy card!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope you enjoy your chocolate.... Love the purple connection to your chocolate theme, I don't think you can beat a bit of Cadbury's!
    Great to see you at LIM once more
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did put a lot of effort into this fun and festive card, Zoe, and I'm sure it will all be appreciated! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Take care and keep safe! If it weren't for Covid, I'd be popping over to help you eat that chocklit!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the rain has stopped and you have enjoyed your chocolate bar, Zoe. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up with your new stencil, which you heat embossed with your new mixed EB powder. A fun card and fun story. TFS Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of challenges for this yummy card Zoe x. Fabulous heat embossing x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the reference to the chocolate bar Zoe, it's great that we can simulate all things that make our world happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you lived next door to me because I could help you with that chocolate! LOL! Such a festive card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a dilemna to have all those chocolate bars Zoe! I hope you've figured out what to do with them. :) I love your combination of gold and purple embossing over the chocolate brown background. Very elegant and regal colours. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your kind words about Less is More and I'm glad we were enablers which meant you had to go and buy some necessary chocolate. Love the use of the stencil and a great link to the purple too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx