C.R.A.F.T. Guest Designer

Being asked to be a guest designer always makes me feel a little bit special.  It generally means that the team you are joining as a guest really loved your contribution to their challenge, this is the very best prize anyone can give you for your craft work.

Last year C.R.A.F.T.  Selected me as one of the 2021 guest designers and I was thrilled to accept.   We did have a little hiccup when they invited me to do something for their January Christmas challenge! If you know me you will know that Christmas crafting completely turned me off card making and paper crafting a few years ago, you might also have noticed that my creativity tailed off from December to about the middle of January.  Not wanting to cause more of a problem I thanked the team and said I would have to sit this one out.   They came back right away with an opportunity to make something for their Valentines Challenge.   Now that I could not refuse that could I?



A wooden romantic heart shape painted with a vivid red acrylic is the base.  The roses are die cut red crape paper.  The ribbon for the bow and hanger came from the packaging of a Christmas Hamper my DIL sent to me last year.   Black card used to die cut the silhouettes and the letters.  Red embossing paste spread over the edge of the heart hold the letters in place.   The set of wings at the bottom are metal that has been coloured with Black ProMarker.  The wine coloured strip of lace across the heart came from my stash.

So here you have it, a vintage style Valentines.

Other challenges I'm sharing this with

International Art & Soul - #101 Hearts

Challenge up your Life - #132 Hearts/Herzen

Love to Scrap - #142 Love is

Moving Along With the Times  - #127 Valentines/Love

Splashy Mix - #26 Mixed Media take on their mood board

Try it on Tuesday - Falling in Love


  

Comments

  1. Beautiful! Great heart, in red, and lovely shilhouette! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fabulous project and I love the recycled aspect too. Thanks for sharing with us at IAAS this time. Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a romantic and vibrant heart with the prettiest of roses and the black silhouette looks wonderful. I couldn't agree more with your opening statement Zoe and many congratulations x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great tag Zoe love the black sinhouett on red.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome tag. Thank you for joinin us at Splashymix Challenges. DT Sirisha

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely!!! Thanks from the Splashymix!!!πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable recycling. Thanks for playing along SPLASHY MIX FEBRUARY CHALLENGE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Splashymix challenge..DT Monalisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ❤️... thanks for playing along with us at Splashymix...DT Madhurima

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wedding heart! Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life!
    Denise DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. the silhouette looks amazing on the red background. Thank you for joining us at Splashymix challenge

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx