Does size matter?

I only ask because this card folds to 4" square.  It required as much work as a larger standard size but a larger version would not work as well, at least I don't think it would.





It started because I wanted to use a stencil for dry embossing, spent a very happy hour or so looking through all my metal stencils.  Selected one or two to play with deciding on this one first.  I must have had it about 15 years and is one of several from the Dutch company Avec.  Not fancying digging out my light box ran it through my big shot getting a really good impression.   

Next the embossed part was fussy cut.  There are times when I am exceedingly grateful that this is a technique that I have learnt and practiced.  There was a time when the work of people who understood how to cut filled me with awe, now my results are quite acceptable.  The inner fold of this card has been sliced in half with my trimmer.

Now the stencil placed back over the image, Picked Raspberry applied with Inkylicious Dusters.  Remembering the new Cardz 4 Galz #140 challenge is Pink and Brown the scheme was decided.   Brushed Corduroy brushes over the remaining inner fold to give it a brown tone.

Crafters foam in pink and brown die cut with Craft Box dies.   The flower shapes were just rolled in a ball and rubbed between my palms ball end tools used to work the petals before the flowers were built.  The leaves were simply glued onto the card without any additional work.

Other Challenges:

Crafty Creations - #418 Anything Goes

Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Get Creative -#98 Anything Goes use Red or Pink

We Love 2 Create - Always Anything Mixed Media Goes

Crafters Cafe - #259 Anything Goes

Our blog badge <b>Blog Badge</b>



Comments

  1. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
    Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs,
    Mifta.
    Owner ~ MS Kraft Store
    DT ~ Scrapping4funChallenges
    DT ~ Through The Craft Room Door
    DT ~ Make the Cards Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your four inch card is a perfect size Zoe and Wow it is unique, creative and absolutely stunning x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, love the folding to. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card design and it is so pretty. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - very elegant and those flowers are so pretty.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flowers are beautiful. Thank you for taking part in the Get Creative Challenge Blog. Angela (DT member)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx