One design 2 cards

Not something I do very often.  My style if I have one, is to try new things and do something different all the time.  So for me to like a design so much that I use it twice on the same day is pretty much unheard of.



Above is the first one, a simple idea making an ideal CAS card.  Memory Box die used for aperture the resulting die cut used as a stencil.  3 colours blended over Tattered Rose, Picked Raspberry and Barn Door the colours just fall outside the heart shape both inside and outside the card.  I don't think it needs anymore.  

Challenges

CAS on Friday - #198 Love

My Time to Craft - #450 Love

Color Hues - #11 Red & Pink

Time Out - #181 Photo Inspiration. I've used pink and red with a heart.


 

While Making the first card I kept trying to see how it could be used for the current Less is More challenge, #436 Chocolate.  It is their 10th anniversary so this is a special challenge.  This time I used a light brown card stock, the blending was with Frayed Burlap, Brushed Corduroy, Walnut Stain and Aged Mahogany.  This time I used and old alphabet punch to punch 3 kisses from some scrap used to use up the pink and red inks dusted on the first card.

Challenges

Less is More - #436 Colour - Chocolate

Just Add Ink - #451 Blended Background



For your blog 


Stay Safe, Keep Well, Be Covid aware, and Have Fun.

Comments

  1. Two super cards Zoe. The blending looks great. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More,
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both colourways look wonderful and the aperture design looks fabulous Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this style and fab in both colours but do like the pink one best. Great use of negative space and love the added embossing and sweet pattern. Thanks for joining Time Out x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the hint of ink around the aperture, especially the pink one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty CAS card; love the stenciling behind the open heart! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah these are super, what great makes, hope you're having a good weekend, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fab makes, really like both colourways as it happens!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to use the aperture as a stencil - it creates such a pretty effct! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love using dies to make stencils and you have certainly done a great job here!
    Both cards look awesome!
    Thanks for sharing with LIM
    Chrissie x
    Co-Creator and GD Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to use a die cut for your stencil to blend through and I love the 3D effect that this gives. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both great cards that caught my eye. Great to see the different colour versions too. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are beautiful! I love CAS cards :) Very creative use of diecut. Also, I see how you were inspired by the challenge photo! Thank you for joining us with this lovely valentine card at Time out challenges, hugs ~ Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great CAS cards ! And a fabulous idea to use dies to make stencils. I just remind you that our guidelines specify that you can only enter 5 challenges, ours included. Anyway thanks for sharing your card in our gallery and we hope you will come back to play along at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx