I've had a hair cut!

Oh boy does it feel good!  Best was having a good chat with the hairdresser, I've known her for a couple of years and she even said today that she likes our relationship.   Its surprising how much more confident a hair cut makes you feel.

Well of course with all the excitement of my impending haircut keeping occupied and busy was much more necessary than usual hahaha.


 So I played around with a post card.   One layer mixed media, is there such a thing?

Stamp is wood mounted rubber by Inkadinkado bearing the date 2007, although it fell into my shopping bag more recently about 5 years ago.   Stamped onto a postcard blank with versa fine.   Next I started playing with stencils.  The hot air ballon mask I cannot recall the brand, laid it onto the card and dusted with DI.  The stencils on the other side are Tim Holtz floral and That's Crafty circles.

On the stamped image the butterfly on the left coloured with Whisper pens in Pink/ Mauve/Blue/Green/Yellow and Orange.  With extra Red/Blue and Yellow.  A bolder Green used on the other dark butterfly.  Playing with the sentiment and you should see her fly by adding Spring has Sprung in Chameleon fine liners.

Sharing this with

Retro Rubber - #156 Use Pastels

Try it on Tuesday - Make a Rainbow (hence the explanation of the colours on the Butterfly)

Paper Funday - #28 Spring has Sprung

But the most important thing about today was, I got a hair cut!  Stay safe, Keep well, Wear your mask I wore mine, and HAVE FUN




RRCB 156

Comments

  1. So glad you had your hair cut and yes it sure does make you feel better. What a fabulous mixed media postcard, lots to see and admire and extra liking that sentiment x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Zoe, I love your card making style. Yes, it's amazing what a bit of self pampering will do for your spirits. Thanks for entering your project in the Challenge at The Paper Funday and we hope to see more of your designs. Donna, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty postcard indeed! Pastels suit the spring theme too. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post card, love the pastel colors you used in your card. Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty postcard! Thank you for playing with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful postcard! Your design looks amazing with all the rainbow colours - gorgeous 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx