This is British Slimline or DL

Sitting here this morning waiting for the repair man to visit and hopefully fix my dishwasher!  The amount of hand cream I'm getting through at the moment with hand washing is no bodies business.  Well actually it will be of benefit to the makers and sellers of said hand cream!   We paper crafters know the problems hand cream can cause us don't we.   So roll on repair man.

Between lovingly slathering my hands with the aforementioned treatment I made this


 Let me start by explaining the heading of this post.  This card is a traditional DL card, that is to say 1/3 the size of an A4 sheet of paper and will fit perfectly into a British (European?) envelope.  The dimensions of this card are 21cm by 10.5cm or thereabouts.  I explain this because American sizes are different.

The topper was created using a Sweet Poppy stencil and Sweet Poppy embossing paste.  The green applied first then before it had dried the pink dragged over the top of the flowers.  When it was dry the corners were given a fancy clip and Victorian Velvet DI dusted around the edge then pulled in a little way.  The sentiment a June Baker quote is also from Sweet Poppy, stamped in green then fussy cut.

To break up the expanse of pink base card a strip of left over printed paper was cut to fit behind the topper and sentiment.  The pink gems were an after thought added just to dress it all up a bit.

I'd like to share this with

Sweet Poppy Stencils - Use Pastel Shades

As You Like It - Embossing or Stencilling and why.  Something I do often is use embossing paste through a stencil.  For me stencils were originally a good way to get an embossed image onto paper, you would tape the paper/card over the stencil on a light box then using a ball tool gently trace round the outline of the stencil image.   Repeatedly going over the design in this way gives a wonderful subtle embossed finish.  It is a little time consuming and you do have to be careful not to tear the paper/card which is probably why it has fallen out of favour.

Cardz 4 Galz - #144 Slimline card

Color Hues - #15 Pink and Green

TGIF - #311 Slimline Card


 Our blog badge 

Just to remind you that much as I want to it is not always possible to leave a message when I return your visit.  All to often I get a message saying there is a problem and no amount of refreshing or trying again will fix it.  Then once it starts it happens on every comment I try elsewhere.  It is driving me potty and probably means I need a new computer, except it happens on my iPad as well.  Also it is random so the system might permit a comment one day but not the next!  I do try to visit all the lovely people who stop by and comment please accept my apology for the lack of comments.  

Stay Safe, Keep Well, Wear Your Mask and Have Fun.

Comments

  1. What a pretty card and I like how you used the different colours of paste. Great sentiment too x. Sorry to hear you are still have problems with commenting Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely shades of pink and green! I love how your embossing paste adds such shimmer and dimension! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Gorgeous colours and I love the embossing paste. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the effect of the embossing paste! A beautiful slimline card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!! Love the color combo! Thanks for playing along with TGIF Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty creation

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Cardz 4 Galz' this fortnight
    Stay Safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card
    Thanks for joining our challenge at As You Like It this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx