Couple of challenges caught my eye so here are a couple of entires

At the weekend, between watching Formula 1 and getting some serious steps in, the craft room had my attention.

First with this CAS card.


AAA Cards have a challenge to use a Twinchie or something that is no bigger than 2 inches.  I went old school with a CAS style first seen around 20 years ago.   The hessian was carefully cut so that non of the sides exceeds the 2 inch rule.  On top there is a Tando inchie stamped in copper with a Sugar Loaf image that is also abut 20 years old.   Berry Red DI touched around the edge of the inchie, two hearts from the same stamp set also stamped in Berry Red and finally two red self adhesive gems on the hearts.


     

I did say a couple of challenges, here is the second card


It was the colour challenge #593 at Just us Girls that set me off, with their delicious combination of Yellow, Teal and Grey.  I've used two different yellows here from my Whisper Pen set, and then combined them with a citrus green to create a third shade.   A Teal/Turquoise pen coloured the stems and part of the Butterfly, while Peacock Feathers has been blended around the card edge.   The grey is actually silver that has been heat embossed with a clear ep, the ep knocks the metallic effect back making the stamping look matt grey.

Over the DI on the edges I spread some crackle accents which products very find crackles, and helps spread the ink giving an interesting effect.   The stamps used came from Chocolate Baroque.

So I'm sharing this with We Love Chocolate Baroque - Beautiful Blooms challenge


 Feel free to share on your own blog

As the heat wave continues I'm grateful for a little lea way with mask wearing.  My mask certainly have encumbered breathing and now with the added heat to just find a quiet place and moment to slip it off is a blessing.  That said we need to be aware that case numbers are rising.  Stay Safe, Keep Well & Have Fun.

Comments

  1. Love both these cards, your wonderful CAS twinchie is delightful. I do love to see fabric on cards. Your gorgeous CB rose looks stunning in those colours and I love how you have added interest on your inked background. Thanks for joining us at we love Chocolate Baroque and for using that wonderful CB stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your CAS card is so sweet. Your beautiful colours with the rose stem stamp and the addition of the butterfly make for a really gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cannot go wrong with CB images - they are always so distinctive and pretty! Both cards are just beautiful, Zoe, and really feature some wonderful colors! huggers de

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty twinchie. Love that it also includes an inchie. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! I love that shading around the focal point. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Better late than never as they say (and going to get that post sorted today), Rose Stem Script looks delightfully light and elegant in the soft lemons with the aqua edging Zoe, thank you so much for sharing another creation at this months 'Florals' theme at We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are perfectly CAS and extra loving the second really pretty one Zoe. Yes what excitement with the F1 x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! I love your 'old school' twinchie card! Beautifully CAS! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx