Chocolate Baroque Mid Month reminder

You have probably heard by now the sad news that Kath We Love Chocolate Baroque Team member recently passed away.  Kath was a friend and inspiration to so very many people all around the world and will be much missed.  Thinking about her reminded me of how wonderful our world wide arts and craft movement is.  Our friendships may never be marked by physical meeting nether the less the friendships formed are real and valued.

As the Guest designer at We Love Chocolate Baroque I did not have to share a second card but of course having got the plate out how could I resist.  The theme this month is your Favourite Stamp but that was to difficult for me so I've used the very first plate of theirs I ever got.

This time I chose to stamp the image with Gesso onto Kraft card.   Over the top the images were picked out with Pantel pre-filled water colour brushes.  Wiping over the gesso marks after you have painted it you will lift some of the paint off as Gesso acts as a resist.

There is a base mat behind the main image of printed paper with a cream lace patten.   The sentiment comes from the same place but surprisingly this was the first time I used it.  Samped onto a scrap of the Kraft Card and given a gold ep covering.

There is still lots of time for you to join in the challenge at We Love Chocolate Baroque if you haven't already, or if you have why not share that favourite stamp again in another way or maybe a different favourite stamp.  It does not have to be a Chocolate Baroque stamp just one you love.

Of course there are other challenges I'm sharing this with:

NBUS - #29 Anything with never before used Schtuff.

Dream Valley - #252 Embossing Wet or Dry (Heat Embossing is that wet or dry? I'm not sure)

Try it on Tuesday - Summer Blooms


 Want our Badge Pop this on your blog to find us fast!

Comments

  1. Just love the rich pink red with the gold. Thanks so much for making a mid month GDT card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking on Kraft Zo and such lovely vibrant colour and gold assents. Really appreciate you making a mid month creation as well, thank you.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I love that idea. I have never tried stamping with gesso before. I shall have to give it a go as I really like the effect. Love the addition of the bright colours and the heat embossed sentiment xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rose card. Nothing says summer likes roses. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It on Tuesday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear this sad news. And, yes, we are a great community! LOVE your rose card! Thanks for sharing at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vibrant and absolutely beautiful. The gesso worked great too Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card with such great colours

    Thanks for joining in at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx