Inspiration Station 12

 Time for a new Challenge at Inspiration Station and we have a real fun image to inspire you this time.


Cute isn't it?  What catches your eye, is the bright colours or the girl chasing the cake, perhaps it is the cake itself.  We encourage you to use what ever the picture inspires you to do.  

For me it was the Cake that led me to this:


The dies came with a magazine earlier this year and are perfect for this.   I've also used scrap card and paper for this card.  The cupcake cases are corrugated card that has lain forgotten in a box along with the remains of a 12x12 paper that had been punched with the fancy edge previously.   More scraps of that paper for the 3 candles (or if you prefer fork handles) while the cream on top of the cakes was the remains of some lacy patterned paper that needed using.

The sentiment stamped and embossed with a glittery gold EP.  It made me think of someone refusing to get older despite passing years.

What do you take from the picture?  Perhaps you'll get more ideas from the rest of the time do take a look at all their work at Inspiration Station.

The dies were used for the first time so I'm sharing this with NBUS.   There were also lots of snippets which Di from Pixies Crafty Workshop will appreciate.

I'm also sharing this with

Make the Cards - #28 Old School, lots of layers here!

Watercooler Wednesday - #322 Marsha's Challenge, All About Occasions

Creative Friday - #287 Lots of Layers

Funkie Junkie Boutique - Triple the Heat (3 cakes with candles) 

Pixies Crafty Workshop - #409 Anything Goes with snippets, no shortage of those here. 



 



Comments

  1. Great card Zoe! I love the cupcake die cut and the sentiment is wonderful. Thanks for another great team project for The Inspiration Station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and sentiment love the die-cut cupcakes and fork candles lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good enough to eat. The paper you used is perfect for the topping, really gives depth. Nice 2 R's ref too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card! Love the cupcakes for the triple the Heat challenge. Thank you for joining the Funkie Junkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again. A nice funny and colourful birthday card. I like it very much. It fits in well with our challenge. Many thanks for participating at Creative Friday.
    Hugs, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Der Textstempel passt sehr gut. Man muss das Leben nehmen, wie es kommt ... und in Corona-Zeiten feiert man auch mal alleine. Sehr schön geworden.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei creative friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a wonderfully fun card Zoe! It is such a great feeling to use all those bits we've been holding onto and you've certainly done it well!!! Thanks so much for sharing over at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!! Stay safe! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and a really perfect sentiment for old gals like me!

    Huge apologies from me for being so late commenting!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Zoe. I could have sworn I already left a comment as this super card reminded me for the second time whilst commenting to dig out my cupcakes stamp set sometime soon!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx