Magical, Mystical Cubbies

I will do just about anything to avoid HW but the very best tactic I've found is getting lost in the craft room and my imagination.

This took a little while to come together but now it is complete.



The little cubbies are a recent Tando introduction and as soon as I saw them I wanted them.   Once here it was a case of now I've got them how to use them?   With a fair stash of Tando chipboard pieces it seemed an ideal opportunity to use some of them.  That did not stop me popping over to the shop and buying a few more like the fish, the potion bottles and the key.

Glued each little box together and then painted them inside with acrylic paints.  When dry they were stock together as you see them here.   The Wizard is an old Tanda stamp on a suitably sized scrap of card and then coloured with ProMarkers.   All the little chippie pieces were coloured with either acrylic paint or Promarkers.  The little glass bottle came from my stash and just seemed to fit the theme.

Around the outside I've used Pretty Gets Gritty Crushed Marble texture paste.  It tends to stick in clumps which is fabulous and gives a cave like finish to this piece.


Challenges who might enjoy this:

Make My Monday - #155 Anything but a Card

Creative Moments - #221 Anything Goes

613 Avenue - Anything Goes with optional twist Flavours of Fall use one of their colour pallets.  Didn't do that but there are a lot of Autumn colours in here.  Reds, Oranges, Yellows, Greens, Browns, and even grey.

Creative Fingers - #213 Anything Papercraft goes

Creative Artiste - #74 Always anything Mixed Media Goes


OUR BLOG BADGE  Follower's Badge

Thank you for stopping by.  Stay Safe, Keep Well and Have Fun
 

Comments

  1. Fantastic creation great little boxes ! Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
    https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mixed media creation. Thanks for joining 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful project you have done! Thanks for sharing it at Make My Monday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project. I love how you spend your housework time, lol. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing project, yes I can see this took some time to make., but it was worth it. Loving the small tableux in each cube. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. We do appreciate your participation. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project! Loving all the mixed media that you used - perfect 😀. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Artiste! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a unique and artsy project Zoe. Each cube looks fabulous and I love the addition of the gritty 'cave' like texture paste x. Sorry to be late in commenting but I have been away at a family wedding and it was so good to catch up with them after all this time x. Thank you too Zoe for leaving such generous and kind comments on my blog whilst I was away x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx