Back with more We Love Chocolate Baroque

We are at about the half way mark now of the We Love Chocolate Baroque challenge where the theme is Celebrate.  Today I can tell you as well that I've been asked to join the team on a permanent basis I'm confident that Brenda will let us know when her arm recovers as I just about bit it off saying yes!  

Time perhaps for a little more inspiration, if you pop over to the challenge blog you will find lots there.  

Here is my second piece for the month, this time celebrating Retirement.


I think you would have to say that this is a retirement card for a woman!   Cream hammered base card coloured with Distress inks.  Sentiment from various magazine sets stamped and embossed with gold ep.  The main image is, of course, from Chocolate Baroque "Rose Duo".  Stamped onto an offcuts with alcohol proof ink and then coloured with Chameleon pens.  First time I've used this stamp but certainly it will not be the last.  A piece of gold mirra card trimmed ever so slightly larger fit under.  The topper was then given a corner trim  with an old punch.

Being happily retired (although I do have some part-time work to keep me out of mischief) the colours used all reflect the pleasure I feel in retirement.

Challenges

NBUS - #30 Always Anything goes with Never Before Used Schtuff

Love to Craft - #61 Always anything Goes

Lets Craft and Create - Lots of Layers


 SPREAD THE CRAFTY LOVE - grab a badge!  Grab Our Badge

Comments

  1. Congrats being asked to stay on full time and hope you haven't damaged Brendas arm too much lol.Beautiful card and stamp-great inky background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations Zoe and so well deserved x.
    What a beautiful and feminine retirement card and that is one very special occasion to celebrate x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome on board! :) Love Rose Duo so much, and you coloured it very well! Beautiful watercoloured background! Great idea put a mirri gold card under the image and trimming the corners with that punch, the panel have an unique lovely feel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stamp and colouring. Fabulous card.
    Welcome again ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the team great to have you even if you have injured the Team leader lol! Just love how you used this stamp and the lovely corners too. Well done on the NBUS too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Zoe, Love it !
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the WLCB team on a permanent basis, I shall look forward to seeing all your lovely cards. I am always pleased to see how other people have used a stamp that I have so that I can get some new ideas and get more use from them. Your colours are fabulous too. I never think to ink directly onto textured card, I have no idea why not so I will have to give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apologies I didn't get here yesterday to welcome you to the team Zoe but it's really good to have you with us, organisation seems to be evading me at the moment. Rose Duo is a lovely set and you have showcased it beautifully.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. As I probably said to you, I rarely comment on my tablet as it's all too small, proved the point as saw what Lynn wrote so had to go read your post again. My arm is healing, luckily it's the same one I had my flu jab in last week so all the damage is restricted to one side.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, retirement is definitely those happy colors, Zoe! Your feminine card is stunning! Congratulations on joining the DT! I'm sure Brenda and the team are thrilled to have you. Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Let’s Craft and Create Good luck and I hope you’ll join us next time again.
    Jolanda
    (DT member)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx