Fishy Tails

Friday! Actually while very busy it has been a good week it is fun to go round the stores sometimes.   So far next week should not be quite so busy which will at least give me more playtime.

Yesterday I took a look around challenge land and a couple caught my eye so while out and about I was also able to plan the design.   There was sufficient time and light for me to make a card.  Here it is.


The stamps are from Bombshell Stamps and were drawn by a tattoo artist in fact their USP is bringing tattoo art to paper craft.  Image used with alcohol proof ink, then I checked on line for a colour guide and love the idea of black sections to the fish.  Colouring down with Chameleon pens, these pens are so versatile they have an in built blender and the ability to "start" with one colour that blends down to another.  Both options used here.

I saw the thing with just 2 corners rounded on someone else's blog and love the idea which I used here.  The mat is a offcuts of printed card that really shows off the bright bold image.  Oh yes there is a mixed media challenge that has the option of bright.   So just on case my two types of card, stamping ink and colouring ink were not mixed media enough I've added Glossy Accents to the eye and given the waves/spray white pen highlights.  White pen also used around the eye.

Mentioned a couple of challenges didn't I, they are

Double D - Anything with a Tail

Cardz 4 Guyz - #278 Things with Tails

More Mixed Media - Anything Goes with the option of Brights.

Krafty Chicks - #575 Stamp Act

The Crafter's Cafe - #273 Anything Goes


 Cardz 4 Guyz Logo  The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog 


Now it is the week-end and hopefully a cracking Dutch F1 race.  What ever your week-end plans are Stay Safe, Keep Well and Have Fun.


Comments

  1. Gorgeous fish card and the colors are amazing! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful image, love the colors you choose and the rounded corners look great! Thank you for joining us at Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking fish stamped image and beautifully coloured with the pens Zoe x. Enjoy the racing x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "harmony" card is a creative take on our "things with tails" challenge!! I am so gld you played along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Zoe this is awesome! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Tail’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous image and fabulous colouring,love the opposite rounded corners.I used an image a couple of years ago that my tattooist son designed
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I may not want to have a tattoo, but I love tattoo art. What a beautiful stamp design with the Koi fish. Lovely coloring job too. Thank you for sharing this card with us at Cardz4Guyz. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors and fish. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us again.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lot of drama in this image and such nice colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafters Cafe, come again soon. CarolG

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx