River of Creativity 5

Our little Anything at all goes with a theme challenge, River of Creativity, is settling in quite nicely now.  It is so nice to see all the different ideas everyone is sharing with us.  Not to mention the amazing work of the DT who astonish me time and again with their creativity.

This month we have a theme of Fashion Sense.   

Fashion is every where, in how we style our homes, our family and ourselves.   Fashion became mainstream in the 20th century and it has been interesting to see how it goes in cycles and how often it draws on historical references.   We crafters follow fashions as well there have been lots of different card styles including one I employed here, vintage.

The stamps were from Rogue Redhead Designs, and the girls all had names but they elude me now.  Here they have been stamped in sepia on to hammered cream card stock and then lightly coloured.  Tinted prints were the inspiration for this look.  The cream card has been dusted around the edges with DI.  A narrow piece of cotton lace sits between the stamped top and the tan mat below.  The sentiment reads "Good Friends are always in Fashion".

Everyone has their own take on the idea of Fashion, the team have as always created some fantastic samples to help inspire you.  I hope you will visit them and also join in with our challenge.

Today I am also sharing this with:


&

Watercooler Wednesday - #323 Cathy's Challenge All Things Feminine





  

I'll be back in a little while with another post today!


Comments

  1. Lovely images from an iconic era Zoe and cream card rather than white seems very appropriate to give the vintage feel.

    Enjoy the race this afternoon.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Vintage fashion stamps and beautiful lace border
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great images, don't you just love that era? So stylish. I love the muted sepia look too and the little strip of lace. What a wonderful finishing touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your card. That's a great stamp and your layout complements it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx