River of Creativity Fashion Sense take 2

At River of Creativity we aim to inspire and encourage you to get crafty.   Your chosen craft might not be paper based.  You might prefer to work in wool or clay or some other medium.   We love to see them all.

I have a passion for jewellery making and chainmaille.  So for a second Fashion Sense project I made a couple of necklaces. 


The first on the left is a combination of chainmaille, gemstones and copper metal.  Starting with the gemstones these are Chalcedony (about as common as agate) with Opal.  The two wire spiral beads are a coil coiled again with a thicker wire.  The slices of stone are then separated by copper beads.  Since making it I have worn this necklace quite a lot.

The second necklace, on the right, is a combination of two different weaves Helm and something I call shaggy.  Slices of mother of pearl hang from the "shaggy weave" strands to form the bib.  Once again my metal of choice is copper so right for this time of year.

Jewellery is as much subject to fashion as anything else and like everything else it is also subject to individual taste.  Really that is all Fashion Sense is.   Have you shared you fashion sense with us yet?  We would love to see it.

I'd like to share these with a few challenges, if they will accept them.

Crafty Creations - #425 Anything goes

Creative Moments - #222 Anything Goes

More Mixed Media - Anything goes with the option of Brown


Creative Moment Blog Badge LOOKING FOR OUR CURRENT CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE 

Comments

  1. Both gorgeous necklaces and love both results
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative are you Zoe...Absolutely fabulous and unique necklaces and I love them! x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx