What do you do when you have a summer cold

I should have been working today but after little sleep I've taken today off and will go out tomorrow.  So with a head filled with cotton wool and a nose like a dripping tap what to do?  Well play of course.  Had a little shopping experience at Tando recently and got a super match box kit.


Before assembling the outer, open ended box and the tray that goes inside all the elements were painted.   Initially with white gesso, the outer sides painted with black gesso.  Then red acrylic paint over the top and around the sides of the inner tray.   I had planned to use an image on the top that would just show a red border.  Then I thought of some air dry clay pieces from my last clay moulding session, the cameo fits the top of the box perfectly.  Painted the moulded piece with black and gold acrylic paint, then gold alchemy wax touched over it to highlight the details.  More of the wax was then touched around the sides of the top and edges of the tray.

It looked a little bare so a scrap of mirra card die cut with a thinlets flourish which sits both below and over the cameo piece.   I also added some metal corners and a label holder.  The kit comes with 6 inserts that remain to be decorated.



Back to bed in a little while and hope that my day at home will have helped shake this cold off at least enough to let me do some work tomorrow.

What am I going to do with my little box now?  well share it of course.

Funkie Junkie Boutique - Die-Na-Mite 

Crafty Creations - #425 Anything Goes

Get Creative - #105 Anything Goes, no twist

613 Avenue - #09-2021 Anything Goes twist School Daze not playing twist this time.

We love to Create - #09-2021 Anything Mixed Media Goes

Creative Artiste - #75 Anything Mixed Media Goes


 <b>Blog Badge</b> OUR BLOG BADGE

Follower's Badge

Well there you go, Stay Safe, Keep Well & Have Fun.  Oh yes I will be wearing my mask to protect other people from my cold virus.

Comments

  1. This is adorable - I didn't even know there were such things as matchbox kits - eek - that could start another craze for me! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs DT-Irre

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever you are. I love the vintage look. Hope your cold is better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather Zoe. Hope you are feeling much better now? Adorable creation and so very eye catching x. Drama with the motor racing this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little matchbox creation, great choice of colours red, black and gold look so oppilent together. You'll be able to keep lots of little treasures inside.
    Thanks so much for sharing @ Creative Artiste & I Hope those sniffles have gone now Zoe?
    Creative wishes Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully decorated box love the red,black,gold and the silhouette cameo.Hope you feel better soon
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Hope you are all better now!
    Thanks so much for a wonderful response to our challenge at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    Shopping Our Stash, DT
    The Color of Cards, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's lovely. An elegant creation. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this month.
    Hugs, Sandy DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this vintage look - the red is a perfect background for this. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great matchbox! Love the colors! Thank you for joining us at the Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous make! Love the bold colors. Thank you for joining us at the Funkie Junkie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear you've been poorly Zoe. I hope your cold has cleared. Meantime you've created a fantastic box here! It reminds me of one of those Regency cameos. Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx