All about shapes

 Well I continue to be busy but have had a little craft room play today.  It was much needed trouble was settling on just one thing to do.  You know how it is you have been bursting to get your toys out and then when they are all piled up around you in your excitement you seem only able to make a mess!

This is when challenge land helps in giving you a little bit of something to focus on.

The Ginger Tom sat on the Green wall.


The challenge, Addicted to Stamps #212 calls for Triangles in a CAS style.  A cat is all triangles from their little pointy ears and faces to the shape of them when sitting, I just gave this one triangle front legs with little triangle claws.  To ground him I found a Papermania set called Geometric Mono with a block made of triangles so masked the cats claws and lined this up for him to sit on and stamped it in Green.  Why Green, why not.  The Hello comes from the same set.  It's a little bit of silly kitty fun in postcard format.

Pathfinder Bees make roads for other bees to follow


Well they do leave a trail which other bees follow to find the pollen.   
The second postcard was also prompted by a CAS challenge, this time CAS on Friday #223 Hexagon.  This ended up being something of a mixed media piece as well.   The Hexagons are from a magazine cover "gift" last year DI dusted through the stencil "Wild Honey", "Scattered straw", and "Rusty Hinge".  Then the bee a Magenta stamp and great favourite of mine inked with Memento the yellow for the bee provided by a Promarker pen.  Finally the arrow image stamped over the stencilling; this came from a papercraft society set designed by Pretty Gets Gritty.

I'm sharing this second postcard with Allsorts #661 Anything Goes with the option to Use a Stencil.


I do feel better for that now.  Take care and Have Fun

Comments

  1. Hi Zoe. Wow, you were very resourceful and creative coming up with these for those challenges. You described beautifully why I love playing them, with all my arthritises including Fibromyalga, I have a LOT of trouble focussing at times and the challenges help me so much as do sketches. You made 2 great CAS cards and I'm envious as CAS is probably what I suck at the most! LOLOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know that feeling so well Zoe, in fact today I'm going to dissemble what I put together yesterday.

    Two very different feeling cards, the funky Cat is fun and different and the stencilled one with the Bees inspired with the over stamping, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards both with different vibes. love them both. Thank you for taking the time to join us over at Allsorts Challenge. We hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I can relate lolboth great CAS cards love your fun Cat triangle one -but the Bee one is my favourite-love it
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative take on our Triangle prompt, Zoe! I love how you stamped the arrows over your stenciling, too! Both cards are really fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun and creative kitty postcard and a lovely Bee, mixed media card, although keeping it CAS Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 lovely makes - brilliant stencil work with your pathfinder bees. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, I can relate to that! Both cards are lovely and the triangle cat postcard you linked up with us is so clever. Love that the cat is grounded with the triangle block too. Thank you for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS :) Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx