Inspiration Station #21

Well for many of us in the UK today is a Bank Holiday, but the supermarkets will be open, food production will have to continue and work will carry on as normal.   Had to chuckle last Tuesday I was working in a Supermarket where all the store colleagues were trying to get all the Christmas stock off the shelves and sale lines on display.  Dealing with deliveries for range changes and covid related absences.   A customer asked me about a price of some cushions, I explained that I do not work for the supermarket and just represent a few lines and didn't have a scanner to check the price.  I pointed out that things had been a bit busy for the store staff recently, in all seriousness the gentleman said "Why what has been happening?"  my reply "Well Christmas" seemed to take him by surprise.

For me now work should calm down for the next 10 or so months before the madness starts again.  Hopefully creativity will re-assert it's self during this time.  Not that it as been completely asleep.  We have a new challenge today at Inspiration Station and this picture to see what it sparks in your imagination.


Love this picture it is a romantic view of the Thames the iconic Big Ben.  My first thoughts were of all things the Blackpool Illuminations!  Then recognising the Thames it led to a discussion within the team abut how clean the thames is now!

When I came to make my sample I knew a Stampin' up set would play a main part.


Grey card cut to Post card 4" x 6" size then heavily worked with Chipped Sapphire DI.  The stamp, the original London Eye, came next stamped and embossed with Black EP.  The Eye is on the Southbank just round the corner from Waterloo train station it overlooks the Thames on one side and on the other office land.  For the thames I used the glue stick and mica powder technique I've been experimenting with.  Then the moon, another old stamp, was embossed with silver EP.  over the top of the blue mica powder river more glue was dragged and pearl powder applied to suggest the moons reflection.  The other elements of the scene were drawn in with felt pen.

The team all have their own takes on our inspiration picture, it is fascinating to see how our different styles respond to those pictures.  We enjoy seeing how you respond and how your style reflects back to us.  We are Inspiration Station and we are waiting to see your work.

Now I'm sharing this with.

613 Avenue - Anything Goes

Four Seasons - Winter



 FOR YOUR BLOG, OUR BADGE 

Comments

  1. A great take on the inspiration Zoe and you achieved the clean feel you mention.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your post and enjoy your project description. Thanks for a great project for the Inspiration Station Challenge and enjoy your Bank Holiday! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and fabulous winter scene! Thank you for joining our fun challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful postcard. Happy New Year and thanks for joining 613 avneue create. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great postcard and very atmospheric Wintry scene.There was already Cadburys Creme eggs in our shops last week!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very arty it looks wonderful. I love London and have so many stamps that I feel sure I should enter this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful blog. Happy new year 🎉

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is such a fabulous creation! Love the texture and can't wait to see your upcoming creations for the team. I'm thrilled to be a part of this awesome team of designers!
    On another note, Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely and so well done!
    Thanks so much for dropping this wonderful project into our mailbox at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah,
    A Place To Start, Owner
    613 Avenue Create, Owner
    Redora Lee Designs , My Blog
    Shopping Our Stash, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great impression of the Thames and London eye at dusk, lovely. I had a nice walk along there a few weeks ago with my daughter, it was a great day. You have just reminded me of it. Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful scene you've created with all of the different stamps and mixed media products. Lots of texture too. Thanks for joining the 613 Avenue Create, January Anything Goes Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely art and super creative. Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx