Soft and Feminine?

 Normal service is resuming, everywhere.  Last autumn a number of bulbs found their way into the soil in my back patch.  Checking their progress there are lots of proper little plants poking through now, I am excited to see them come to flower but hope it will not be all at once!  The intention was to have a changing display of flowers over the late winter and spring months.

Watching the new growth is something very pleasurable at this time year it certainly helps chase away the winter blues.


This panel, destined for one of my Art Journal pages, was the result of the experimental days last week. Playing with the shaving foam technique I wondered if it worked well on a pre stamped piece of card.  The answer is Yes.  The shaving foam was used with Brushos, and all the stamping was in gold ink.

Once stamped and given the shaving foam treatment the panel was allowed to dry.  When waiting the blossom and lanterns were stamped and fussy cut.  All the stamps used are from the Creative Stamper magazine set.  The Japanese lady and blossom were coloured with Bruynzeel felt pens, which seems to have broken down a little going over the shaving foam residue.  Overall experiment a success.

I'm sharing this now with:

Watercooler Wednesday - #332 Tristan's Challenge All Things Feminine

Stamping Sensations - Anything Stamped Goes with the option of using a die.  Guessing fussy cutting does not count!

Crafting Happiness - #119 Anything goes

Moving Along With the Times - For a Lady/Girl



 Please grab our logo Grab our button

 

Comments

  1. I am totally with you on the fresh growth Zoe, our Snowdrops are bursting forth. We spoke about Oriental a while back didn't we and I am so happy to see this creation, it's lovely, thanks so much for joining in with our January theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely panel for your AJ, and great use of your experiment with shaving foam! I have some pieces in a folder, I have tu put them out :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely journal page. Love the stamped and fussy cut flowers. Great background techinque. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun technique and such a pretty effect. Great stamp too x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful Japanes style card, thank you for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to seeing the snowdrops flower and the daffs seem to be poking through too, always nice to see. I have never used the shaving foam technique and I love the effect on the background of this stunning piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cleverly designed card, Zoe!! Love all the layers you've used. Thanks so mcuh for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous... thanks for joining our 'For a Lady/Girl' challenge over at Moving Along With The Times. Hope you can join us next time... good luck.
    Diane Louise, Team Leader MAWTT xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx