We Love Stamping - Anything Goes with the option Use a Stencil

 First Sunday of the month and the start of a new challenge at We Love Stamping.  This time we invite you to share anything that includes stamping as it's focus.  We are giving you the option to add some stencilling.   

We also have a great prize for one lucky entry, these lovely stamps from Lavinia.


Another opportunity to get the journal out and have a play.  This time I started with Gelatos and a Water-brush.


The way the colour moves when wet really allows blending and colour depth.  Page allowed to dry, a stencil placed and new to me Mica Magic.  Moved the stencil randomly over the page and filled sections of it.

The stamped panel is another new addition to the collection getting it's first inking.  This is a Studio Light stamp image.  Stamped onto card and fussy cut then coloured with Bruynzeel pens trying to keep to colours similar to those in the background.  I also chose not to colour the whole image.

To finish off some AALL & Create Washi tape, for no other reason that because.

The We Love Stamping team all have different styles and takes on the challenges, one thing we have in common is that we love visitors and we love visiting and seeing what other people have been making.  We would love you to visit and to share your projects with us at We Love Stamping.

Creative Artiste - #79 Always anything Mixed Media Goes

Art Journal Journey - Show us your Style

We Love 2 Create - Anything Mixed Media Goes

Oh where have all the lovely mixed media inky alternative challenges gone?  Everything is now so "Sweet" and "Nice".  I feel that there is no longer a place for my style in blogland and that makes me very sad.


Comments

  1. Great gelato background and love the flowers
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal page, love the muted background and how the yellow flowers just pop from the black and white stamped panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely inkiness Zoe, the subtle stencil work in the background draws the eye and the you get the blaze of colourful flora.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great journal page Zoe.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation, I must grab my Gelatos and use them, totally forgotten, thanks for reminding;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great mix of techniques and images, such a wonderful end result. I think I might have to force myself to try using a journal. It must be great to just do something and see what happens or perhaps you plan it all out, I don't know but the end result is quite special x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me want to art journal, lol. I have not touched my gelatos in a long while. Lovely stamped flowers and elements. Your point is well taken, there aren't many communities to share just that anymore. There's Mix It Up Challenge and Love to Craft for mixed media, and More Than Words is for AJ's. Sunday Postcard Art loves mixed media pieces. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used gelatos, but I can certainly see the advantage of owning some. I've never heard of your pens, either, but I'm a fairly simple crafter who doesn't spend a lot of money on my journal art.

    I'm not sure what you mean by sweet and nice, but I certainly love your art. One thing I don't make is cutesy. Your art certainly doesn't fall into that category. It is raw and beautiful. This is certainly a charming entry you have given us at Art Journal Journey using Bleubeard's and my theme. Thanks for this beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks wonderful with the bright flowers and the addition of the washi tape is great, I don't use mine nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great play in your journal and what a fabulous mix of colours, techniques and images Zoe x.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx