This is one of those catch up posts!

The other day a crafting friend told me that she thinks of me as being into Mixed Media.  Well I am but that is not the whole story.  I'd say I'm into any and all forms of paper craft, well except for digi.  Cute and what I think of as "nice" is not my cup of tea but if the occasion calls for it then I'll happily use that style.  It is also fun to keep to the CAS style and so many others.

I don't feel limited to cards either but will happily work on wall hangings, Canvases and of course Masks. Might have something on a mask format in the not too distant future.  Last year I also started exploring Art Journals and find them a very satisfying form of expression.

Not everything I do gets shared either but this evening I thought I show you a few of my recent not previously blogged makes.


Not very long ago I made some backgrounds with shaving foam, this is a wonderfully messy but clean medium and the craft room smells lovely when you have finished.   Having a play with some dies a piece of the background was used for this corner piece.  Some left over printed paper popped behind it and stamps from Creative Stamper fussy cut as toppers.

I'm sharing this with

My Time to Craft - #478 Lots of Layers (minimum of 3)


Another die cut made onto a piece of white card, the uncut area then dusted with yellow DI.   I'd also had a play with Acetate making this card.  On a left over piece of acetate alcohol inks were blotted in shades of red/pink and yellow/green.   The ideal backing for the die cut.  Other embellishments taken from the stash mountain and a greeting added.  Greetings re unusual for me, often as not the card front appeals to me without words, this time it felt right to add them.

I'd like to share this one with

Try it on Tuesday - Say it with Flowers


As mentioned Art Journals have captured my imagination in recent months, and with a growing love of AALL & Create stamps there are allsorts of possibilities.   On this page I started with an AALL & Create stencil randomly dusted over the page.  Then I used a few of their stamps using the parrot as the centre piece all the stamping was in greens and browns.  Main parts of the images were coloured with Chameleon Pens and then some Sakura glitter pens over the top for high lights.

I'd like to share this journal page with

Addicted to Stamps & More - #426 Make your Mark


Then today more die cutting.  The colour scheme was inspired by my garden with is full of Daffodils and Anemonies.   The yellow and red papers were all scraps saved since forever.  The red mat die was from Practical Publishing part of a thank you package following their use of one of my cards.  The rabbit die cut in yellow acetate is from a prize from their chat site Craft World.  The oval die cut came with Die Cutting magazine this month.  The flowers were stamped from a set with Creative Stamping.

This one is going to be entered into

Inkspirational Challenges - #261 Things that Hop

So here you are a few of my makes this year.


 

Comments

  1. Zoe: Your layered card at the top of the post is fantastic (and the rest are too!) I like the die-cut corner with the peek-a-boo layer showing a bit underneath! Very nice! Thanks for linking to MTTC's use 3 or more layers technique challenge! --Becca/DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your makes and backgrounds Zoe especially the journal page
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy! How many fabulous projects, love them all and especially the japanese-style of the first one with your own paper, the shaving foam technique is so fun to do! Mixed media is surely your cup of tea (or bread for your teeth, as we say in Italy! :) )
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful collection of makes. I am so glad you have shared them. I have many things that haven't been shared on my blog too, but mine are all cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness you have been busy Zoe, how does one pick a favourite, although I am rather drawn to the journal page.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous array of creations Zoe. Beautiful, e3very one of them.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards! The layered flower card is beautiful 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely project..
    Thank you for joining in at Addicted to stamps and more, Make your mark challenge.. Swapna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to stop and leave a comment I love reading what you have to say. Recently I have been experiencing an error message when I try to leave a comment on my return visit. I make every effort to to come over and see your art works and hope this glitch will be resolved soon. xxx